Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT vs. TWO

Sun, Aug 30 2009 10:31 PM (91 replies)
  • dogi
    1 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 9:53 PM

WOW, went through the ten pages of exchange here.. some very meaningful and valid points, and some not so.

At the end of the day, what matters is that WGT is a successful business venture run by a smart management team (I would assume) inspite of what anyone else thinks. Did you guys buy clubs off them? Yes, then you contributed to their revenue and success.

Tibbets in your own words you have admitted to the fact that you could not be heard so far even after repeated attempts to reach out to the management team. That says something, does'nt it?

When you (Tibbets) say"

Right now, this game isn't all that much fun for me.  Personally, I've taken 'my game' to as good as a level as it can possibly get within the boundaries of the system in place.

UNQUOTE

"I think you've got that figured out pretty accurate, and you would probably not move any lower till the "beast" is eliminated. I can pretty well understand your frustrations and in a way share them too having gone through the grind, although I am no way even close to the levels that you play at.

I could'nt agree more with Callawayjay's post dated 06/29. That pretty much sums it I guess.

I think we all need to put that smile back on, and enjoy, whether its the WGT or TWO - It's just a game ;)

Peace and GL all.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 10:31 PM

Ive been playing golf sims going all the way back to the very first sims ever created...none of them were perfect...some came close like PGA 2ooo by sierra sports which had a kick ass course designer...I won several rewards for origional course designs and for a few real courses as well..I was also one of the course designers for the early tiger woods games before headgate came along...I really like WTG  using photo based graphics for a realistic looking representation...but do to possible lawsuits they have to pay license fees...pay photographers to take all the screen shots...etc  and by nature computor golf isnt played by that many ppl  like halo for example so for the programers of WTG  this is probably more a labor of love and has to be done on there own time..I really would love to see a few more courses though...as long as this games been out would 4 courses per year be impossible?

I always enjoyed designing...as for just pure playing enjoyment...WTG has the same problem or benifits that most sims have..i love enough of the good things WTG  brings to the table...hope they keep making smart improvments and keep this franchise running for a long time..

RSS