Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tournament descriptions not accurate

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 3 2010 11:22 AM (2 replies)
  • adamjohn1967
    10 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2010 6:10 AM

H i guys, i'm still a bit of a newbie, and have been playing some tournaments at my cc. I entered one and the payment method said top scores. I came 2nd place :-) and when i looked at the leaderboard only the winner got the money?

so what does top scores mean? is there anyway i can tell before entering if it's a winner take all tournament? i'm not really at a good enough level to win tournies at the mo, so it's nice to be in with a chance of scraping together a few credits here and there with a 2nd or 3rd. Surely scores is a plural word and means more than one! Would it be to hard to say payout method is "winner takes all", so i know if it;s worth my while entering. Or is it just a genuine mistake and WGT forgot to pay me. I doubt it somehow, it looks like a loophole scam to catch out the novices, so beware if ur entering a tournament "Top scores" may mean winner takes all.

ps apologies if this is in the wrong thread

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2010 9:48 AM

Hi,

Whoever sets up the tournament, they can pick the payout. Winner take all or top 3 or maybe even more.

To  find out the payout in the game client, under CC tournaments>Premium Tournaments>(tournneyname) and the clicking PAYOUT and it shows % for each place. Thank you :)

-icon

• adamjohn1967
    10 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2010 11:22 AM

Thanks for such a swift resonse. Yes that works, bit long winded, but now i know where to look

Very helpful

Many thanks

Adam

RSS