Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Starter clubs

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 31 2010 12:08 PM (5 replies)
  • docflash9
    47 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 8:33 AM

You cannot play any of the closest to the hole games because most of the starter clubs will not reach the greens no matter what you do or the club you choose.When the leader is around 50 total feet and your 1st shot will not reach the green you are out of luck right off.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 9:22 AM

Hi,

we specifically make sure that every CTTP game can be played with ANY clubs. Now, scoring low with basic clubs is much much harder and sometimes maybe not possible. But, isn't it how it should be?

-icon

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 9:48 AM

docflash9:

You cannot play any of the closest to the hole games because most of the starter clubs will not reach the greens no matter what you do or the club you choose.When the leader is around 50 total feet and your 1st shot will not reach the green you are out of luck right off.

There are only a couple of holes on all the courses that can not be reached with starter clubs which are by the way slightly better than the beginner clubs that I used when I joined a little over a year ago. Sure you might have to use your driver on some but most if not all can be reached. And except for the lpga tourney and the weekly and monthly tourneys in all of the ctth tourneys or challenges the winner is picked by a random drawing and scores have nothing to do with it.

• Deccy180
    233 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 10:11 AM

nad when u become legend tier u dont even get the club u need to reach fairways and greens on stroke play cause its all locked

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 11:00 AM

docflash9:

Thats not true. You can reach all of the greens on the CTTH courses as almost none are ove 225yds away. Staying on the green, thats another matter. If you practice enough by playing each course over and over again, you'd be surprised at what you can achieve.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 12:08 PM

Eh  wgticon  are you  a member of this   outfit that runs this?  i  know where  your comeing from mate about not reaching .  i  think thats where the buy clubs come into the equation

RSS