Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I'm really confused as to meter speed

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 10 2010 1:20 PM (7 replies)
  • Dissenter
    5 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 1:01 PM

Is a meter speed further to the left better or worse?  I'm getting to the point where it might make sense to buy clubs (I'm not going to get a third-rate intermediate set, as it looks like the gnomes want us to), and would like to know what I'm getting.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 4:12 PM

Left means slow. Right means fast. (Some of the speeds are misleading) If you are looking for a slow meter and forgiveness - try raptures. If you are looking for precison, spin and distance - go for something with a faster meter (generally - not all fast meter clubs are good).

Hope that helps.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 4:13 PM

also pay attention to the balls you are using. The more feel a ball has the slower the meter is as well.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 4:49 PM

[quote="Dissenter"]..... I'm not going to get a third-rate intermediate set, as it looks like the gnomes want us to), and would like to know what I'm getting.

(1st) Don't stray away from that first mindset. 

(2nd) Do some research, go to 6-10 of the better/best players equipment bag and see what their using.

(3rd) If undecided between 1 or 2 different models/sets, ask the player which one would they recommended.

(4th) Rent a set. (personally don't recommend) (gnomes!!!) LOL

(5th) Be patient if you don't/can't have the correct "Level" to purchase exactly what you want.

(6th) After your up-grade, theres going to be a HUGE learning curve with the speed and distance factors. You'll swear that your starter clubs hit farther,straighter, and had more forgiveness than your New 3500+/- investment....Good luck to you.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 9:14 PM

Raptures are great for Pros and Tour Pros but if you have ambitions to go further you might want to wait a bit until you can unlock the G10's. They are more accurate and go a lot further.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 10:28 PM

Personally when I became a Tour Pro I went and bought the Taylor Made Tour Burner Set. They do have a pretty fast meter but it was to my liking. Then I went and bought the GI-SD vapor balls and the meter was perfect for me. Then I made master and tryed the G10's. And wow what a difference. I still stuck with a Taylor Made driver. I now use the R9 driver. So if I were you I would try out a few things. If meter speed is a concern I would try the GI-SD balls with either the TM clubs or the G10's. If its too fast for ya then I would probably go with the Rapture clubs. Good luck to ya.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 6:33 AM

Dissenter, here's a great set of irons that will for sure improve your game, and your only three levels away from obtaining them. Take the advice of the other poster as well and hold out for a set of irons that are for sure going to satisfy. For 1100 credits, these irons should perform well for you in the Master tier too.

Use the GI-SD ball with these irons, and the meter will become quite tolerable as well.

• Dissenter
    5 Posts
    Wed, Nov 10 2010 1:20 PM

Thank you for all the help.  Once you get to 40+, the stock putter is less accurate than my driver (when used on the green) in the real world.

RSS