Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Legend Tier

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 27 2010 8:40 PM (4 replies)
  • oldskooler
    21 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 2:25 AM

I've been reading a lot about the complaints of advancing to Legend, and in all my reading I've got a question:

What level would you all recommend someone to be before trying to reach the Legend tier?

Because from what I hear if you don't have the right equipment when you become a Legend it's nearly impossible to actually enjoy playing.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 4:01 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. Just play all the courses and complete all your rounds and you will be in the tier that you should be in.

Happy hitting

• OwenCrew
    52 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 5:23 AM

Soulcatcher is right. Just make sure you heed the advice to "play all the courses" and "complete all your rounds." If you just play SA (especially the front 9) and Kiawah, you will advance to legend before you're ready. Bethpage, especially, helps keep your score more honest.

Having said this, I would strongly encourage waiting until you're around level 60 before attaining Legend status (at least if you weren't "grandfathered in" with better equipment). You simply must have a driver capable of going at least 270 yards to have a prayer from the back tees.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 5:30 AM

I'd stay where you are until you reach level 80, then crack on from there.

• oldskooler
    21 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 8:40 PM

Cheers for the advice guys, appreciate it. Yeah having noticed you can't get hold of any of the Master drivers and clubs any more makes it a bit difficult to advance to higher tiers especially at lower levels. On the subject of the Master clubs isn't it slightly unfair that newer players at the Master tier and plus are automatically at a disadvantage?

RSS