Help › Forums

Re: Putter scales

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 24 2010 9:37 PM (2 replies)
  • don300
    36 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 2:51 PM

Hi All,

Just a question about the putting scales, and their effects on putts.  Should a 30 ft meter hit at 50% react the same as a 15 ft meter hit at 100%?  

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 4:06 PM

don300:

Hi All,

Just a question about the putting scales, and their effects on putts.  Should a 30 ft meter hit at 50% react the same as a 15 ft meter hit at 100%?  

It's not so much about how the putt reacts but the shorter movement of the swing meter makes it easier to ding the meter.And also gives the meter less time to stutter or lag.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 9:37 PM

Yes. The ball should travel the same distance. But, I totally agree with "borntobesting". The shorter the distance you have to bring that bar back the slower it comes back when you let go of the button and less chance you have the meter stuttering. For example: If I have a putt that is 12ft long. I break out my 90ft. putter. Because every avatar movement with that putter is 12ft. long. Now if I have the same putt to make of 12ft. and I use my 15ft. putter then when I bring the bar back to 12ft. and I release it, number one it will go much faster towards that white line and there is also a greater chance of the meter stuttering and I totally missing the putt.

RSS