Forums

Help › Forums

Just a Quirk that Irks me terribly

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 22 2010 5:35 PM (0 replies)
  • ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 5:35 PM
    There are a few things I am beginning to get really frustrated with... like greens that don't break like they read.... but I can handle that.... It isn't like I'm the best putter... But what does irk me terribly is how arbitrary the wind affect is on some shots. There are times I only swing 3/4 with my driver to try to keep a heavy 30 mile per hour wind at ST. Andrews from blowing my ball past the green.... and not only at the almost par 3 9th hole.... but also on the 10th.... And I think the 12th. I know a strong gale like Heavy wind at ST. Andrews blows the ball... but a 3/4 swing with a 275 average club shouldn't be going 368 yards. Then we have the opposite affect. When a drive on St. Andrews #1 gets close and the pin location is the front right side of the green near the water hazard.... obviously I try to hit the ball past the hole to insure a safe landing spot away from the water.... So let's say I have a stiff 18 mph wind at my back, I'm about 47 yards from the hole so I hit with my 60 degree wedge over half way... (Thinking with the wind and swinging for 50 yards instead of 45 it should be on the green) But repeatedly it's like the wind is knocking me down instead of helping and the ball goes 35 yards right into the river. I've lost about 10 balls this way and basically it's like you are robbing me. It irks me terribly. I know a wedge shot isn't in the air for very long so the wind doesn't have as much time to push it.... but a stiff wind at my back should be pushing the perfect, higher lofted shot farther than what I'm aiming at instead of knocking it down short. I really want my balls back..... I aimed for the middle of the green and not the front edge and you stole my money. No explanations... you plain stole from us.
RSS