Re: Help me on the 7th hole at St Andrews

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 22 2010 2:55 PM (7 replies)
  • JPMcDougall
    1 Posts
    Wed, Oct 20 2010 4:37 PM

Hello there,

Can anyone please help me?

What do I need to do to avoid the rough and fescue with my drive?

Unless the wind is strong and behind me I can never get the ball on the fairway which means I end up dropping 1, 2 or even 3 shots.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you,

JP

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 1:33 AM

Hi JP.  This is the WGT paradox.  Of course, anyone can play better by practicing, but gaining distance means investing in better equipment.  At your current level, there are many drivers available that can get you over junk...but at the rate you are moving up, and if money is an issue, you might consider waiting until you can unlock some of the really long drivers.

Joey 

• jaderoks
    571 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 4:32 AM

You can try to hit the other fairway on the left. I think it's the 3rd hole, but if you go too far you'll be out of bounds so be careful. I've done it quite a bit myself.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 4:48 AM

Use 100% backspin to increase your carry.

• Rickypro
    559 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 1:24 PM

jaderoks:

You can try to hit the other fairway on the left. I think it's the 3rd hole, but if you go too far you'll be out of bounds so be careful. I've done it quite a bit myself.

This is what I always did but like he said, don't go too far left or you will lose your ball even though it is still in the fairway.

• easyrydercup
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 2:55 PM

Rickypro:

jaderoks:

This is what I always did but like he said, don't go too far left or you will lose your ball even though it is still in the fairway.

Just go left like the others have pointed out, it's easier said than done though to find the fairway, there plenty of fescue and rough there too!

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 4:00 PM

I need help on the 2nd at andrews as well always hit a perfect shot (I think) but ball just keeps rolling to 30 ft. so where do I hit it to get within 15 ft?? May b e impossible idk?

• jaderoks
    571 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 7:59 PM

if you're within around 145 yards,Try to hit the ball just before the green and a little left of the hole with backspin. If the ball barely gets on the green then it usually rolls down past the hole. Sometimes you get lucky and you're only 5 or 10 feet away. That's just my opinion, hopefully someone has a better strategy..

RSS