Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Bracket Notification

Wed, Jun 25 2014 5:41 AM (9 replies)
  • ETdiscgolf
    6 Posts
    Wed, Jun 11 2014 9:15 PM

Dear WGT,

I love the new bracket tournament game category. Today I was able to make a finals match but unfortunately I missed the match.

I'd like to suggest, more than say this is a bug, that WGT implement a popup notification when each round ends. It would help in less Withdraws/Missed Rounds.

In my case, I didnt know the previous round had ended. I was on the computer but with no sound I had no clue I was missing out. Upon returning to WGT (per periodical check), I found out that the tourney was over.

Thank you for your time WGT. I love you game and have been playing since 2010.

#ETdiscgolf

• Pipeous
    720 Posts
    Thu, Jun 19 2014 2:51 AM

I just signed up for a bracket an hour ago.... I played first match, had a game ith a bud 9 holes and got an email to play next round. I was -6 after 7 holes and it ended on the 8th saying tie an out...what a waste of time and effort... no more bracket crap for me

• jack42451
    7 Posts
    Thu, Jun 19 2014 7:51 AM

These courses are some of the most poorly programmed ones I have ever seen online. I've played the same holes with the same wind speed and direction for weeks in a row and always come up with different locations of my shots, ridiculous. At least the older game that had Cherry Hills on it were consistent in where your ball would land  I wish they would have left it on here to play.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jun 19 2014 12:44 PM

Pipeous:

I just signed up for a bracket an hour ago.... I played first match, had a game ith a bud 9 holes and got an email to play next round. I was -6 after 7 holes and it ended on the 8th saying tie an out...what a waste of time and effort... no more bracket crap for me

Just reading what you wrote I knew what happened but I checked anyway. You signed up for a Speed Bracket. The rounds are only 30 minutes. You didn't complete the second round before the time ran out. Each round has to be completed, not just started, in that 30 minute window.

A lot of players are signing up in Speed Brackets because they didn't read the list correctly and then WD's all across the brackets. The one you were in had the entire other side of the bracket WD from the second round.

• mightyred
    3,139 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 8:22 AM

I think this is a fault on the part of WGT, when creating a CC bracket the default is 30 minutes, I'd like to see it at 24 hours .

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 8:57 AM
    mightyred:

I think this is a fault on the part of WGT, when creating a CC bracket the default is 30 minutes, I'd like to see it at 24 hours .

Hopefully one day it will be 24, 48, 72 hours.
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 9:01 AM
    jack42451:

These courses are some of the most poorly programmed ones I have ever seen online. I've played the same holes with the same wind speed and direction for weeks in a row and always come up with different locations of my shots, ridiculous.

The starter equipment doesn't have very good precision. You can get away with it up to the Tour Pro tier but when you reach Master the game gets a lot harder and you really need better clubs to compete.
  • Pipeous
    720 Posts
    Tue, Jun 24 2014 9:49 PM

well it is crap all the same. I get an email to say next round is ready and am shooting a great game so not wasting time at all and can't even finish the round? when I signed up there wasn't even half my side of the bracket filled.... 

I will just play online with other people. don't like shooting alone anyway...

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jun 25 2014 4:01 AM

Hi

i seen something similar... where if you didn't complete a round, you can get notified by CC owner for example. I have to check into it and hopefully this can be added down the line.

-wgticon

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Wed, Jun 25 2014 5:41 AM

I think we should need an update for this problem, here's a remind thread.

RSS