Help › Forums

Re: Upcoming Changes...and Thank You!

Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:20 AM (215 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 10:14 AM

borntobesting:
    Icon has said nothing about Augusta.

He couldn't say a thing about anything if he knew, you know that. Augusta's a dead issue IMO and WGT has always overramped their assessment of what gets everybody excited. 

I hope you hit on something with that driver idea, though.

• wjj8
    218 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 4:03 AM

In complete agreement here. A super high level Pro or Tour Pro should not have access to a 275yd driver and the same set of irons that a Master and above are privy to. I think that I advanced at a normal pace, yet I could not ever get up in the standings on tournaments. Upon checking on the clubs the leaders had they all had 270+ drivers and top "tier" iron sets....which I am not saying that I am as good as they are....but it sure does make it a heck of a lot easier to birdie every hole when you can green almost every par four...lol

Just saying....lol

wjj8

• Smkyplyr984
    20 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 5:59 AM

ONE WORD,,, NEW COURSES ON STROKE PLAY B4 I QUIT PLAYIN THIS GAME....

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 12:29 PM

Infinito3010:

WGT has announce an update is pending this week.   Check out the news.  Wow, sounds great!

just played an alternate shot round today, it had a concede putt button.  i must have missed the announcement, can some one tell me about it?  thanks.

• bandidos
    50 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2011 9:03 AM

What upcoming date for whom? what you bring for legends? nothing

• wjj8
    218 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:20 AM

Sorry, I may only be a master..and haven't necessarily played all that long.but I have to say something to this.

Zippy, the elevation(whether up or down) of the green you are hitting onto makes a big difference on what "spin" you should use. You can not expect to hit a 3 or 4 iron onto a far green with good elevation...using full bs...and expect it to stop(AT ALL). It doesn't work like that in life and shouldn't work like that on the game. I use full bs way too much and have learned that the game is pretty true to form on this issue.

Instead of complaining about balls with more bs...why don't you try different levels of bs when approaching elevated greens...I'm not gonna tell you how to hit it, because I know and can make the ball stop within 6-9ft on elevated greens with a 3-4 iron, you can figure it out.

And as far as balls coming back when full bs is used...I can draw a ball back 1-2yds on level shot to level green....with Tour-S balls.

I am not a Legend or even Tour Master....but I do know that if something doesn't "work" right and you haven't exhausted other possibilities to solve the "puzzle" before you came on and start (EDIT) about something, that as a Legend you should have figured out long ago, you tend to look very ignorant.

I do apologize to you for this reply to your post, but C'MON everybody...get real!! You all basically seem to want a game that offers no challenge, no thinking, no nothing....and if that's what your looking for go play The Sims or something. 

Good Work WGT and I know you are trying to keep the game as realistic as possible, and thank you for that. All the "players" that feel as this guy does...well listen to them if you want...I wouldn't. Let 'em leave...Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya....lol

RSS