Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Swing Meter

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:16 AM (9 replies)
  • EllisDFader
    7 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 4:19 AM

i don't know what has happened in last couple days,  my swing meter has become so eratic the game is almost unplayable it is certainly no fun. I can not justify spending any more money here. I will delete this game from my pc as soon as i burn the credits I have

• WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 9:29 AM

Hey Ellis,

Swing meter performance can be directly affected by a few things.  Here are some tips that will hopefully help you to get the issue sorted...

Please click here for helpful tips on optimizing game and swing meter performance.  Please check to see if your system exceeds our minimum requirements.

There are settings in the game menu that it might help to change.  Try turning reflections, background loading, avatar rotations, friend alerts, and putting grid to OFF.  The putting grid OFF setting is especially important if you are having the most stutter on the green when you are putting.  You also might try setting Flash Quality to Low.

It is important not to run other programs while playing, as this can cause swing meter stutter.  Even using other windows and tabs in your browser can have an effect.  Also, you should play the game in the original window size, and not maximize it to full screen.

• Partsman41953
    341 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 3:55 AM

Which is the best browser to use to play WGT. I have been using Google Chrome but the meter is so choppy that I have had to stop playing as I am losing too many golf balls. I have heard some people use Safari and some use Firefox. I tried installing Firefox but could not get the add-on Flash to install. Any suggestions? 

Thanks, 

Glenn

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 6:09 AM

Strange cos I have been having the same trouble and yes I have done all the things you say to do, and yes my p.c. exceeds your requirements and yet the swing meter still stutters and jumps so wot now??????????.

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 6:49 PM

WGTSky:

Hey Ellis,

Swing meter performance can be directly affected by a few things.  Here are some tips that will hopefully help you to get the issue sorted...

Please click here for helpful tips on optimizing game and swing meter performance.  Please check to see if your system exceeds our minimum requirements.

There are settings in the game menu that it might help to change.  Try turning reflections, background loading, avatar rotations, friend alerts, and putting grid to OFF.  The putting grid OFF setting is especially important if you are having the most stutter on the green when you are putting.  You also might try setting Flash Quality to Low.

It is important not to run other programs while playing, as this can cause swing meter stutter.  Even using other windows and tabs in your browser can have an effect.  Also, you should play the game in the original window size, and not maximize it to full screen.

Yes, and once you've done all of that, you may get lucky and these are the only steps you need but just in case, do a search here in the forums for "affinity fix" and "latency fix".

All of the above have worked for some but not others.

It's a crap-shoot.

There is a discussion on both of these in this thread.

• superchuck
    210 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 9:01 PM

I can find affinity setting in XP, but I can't find it in Windows 7. It does not show up in the same place as XP.....HELP!

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:31 PM

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/83632-processor-affinity-set-applications.html

• superchuck
    210 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 1:01 PM

Thank you Priestess. Looks like I don't need to monkey with it!

• UniBooboo
    42 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:01 AM

Deleted

• UniBooboo
    42 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:16 AM

Quick Question : how do you delete a browser game from your pc?  

Oh by the way you don't have to spend money to play, just saying.  And you went from I would guess liking the game (because you did buy credits) to its off my pc? No forum post to inquire what may be happening to your meter in just the last couple of days? Just something wrong, no fun, I'm gone?  Your kind of a Black and White kind of a guy huh. Oh well thanks for the announcement of your intentions.

RSS