Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting scale wrong for distance to putt

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 20 2010 9:52 PM (6 replies)
  • ForFoxSake
    28 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 2:00 PM

while making 10-15 foot putts on Bethpage blacks 12th hole the putter scale went to 100 feet on its own we didnt notice..... it happened to 2 of us. A BUG clearly as a opponent of mine had this happen the other night too........where I don't remember.

• Perhenrik
    30 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 2:25 PM

Don't trust your caddy ;-) 

• ForFoxSake
    28 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 4:49 PM

Perhenrik:

We did the usual checks it seemed it changed just as back swing was started as I was making a downhill putt under 12 feet I was drawing back by looking at meter alone for spider putter distance if about 8 foot power not even one back swing step so I didn't notice the scale had changed neither had my opponent.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 5:13 PM

It has been a long known issue that this happens when putting from the fringe, or right form the edge. NEVER have I seen or read of it actually changing on its own,  if this is the case, you might want to make special note of hole, hole location, etc and report the bug next time.

Right-click the game screen and you will see an option for bug submission - that is wgt's preferred method, as it sends them all the pertinent game data.

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 10:45 PM

VanHalenLover:

Right-click the game screen and you will see an option for bug submission - that is wgt's preferred method, as it sends them all the pertinent game data.

Not that they will take much notice nor will they send an acknowledgment to you to saying they were looking into the said bug report.

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 12:41 AM

ForFoxSake:

Perhenrik:

We did the usual checks it seemed it changed just as back swing was started as I was making a downhill putt under 12 feet I was drawing back by looking at meter alone for spider putter distance if about 8 foot power not even one back swing step so I didn't notice the scale had changed neither had my opponent.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally touch your scroll wheel while lining up your putt or just before you made your putt? That will change the meter.

• ForFoxSake
    28 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 9:52 PM

Scroll wheel maybe

RSS