Forums

Help › Forums

Re: No ball loss in practice

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 1 2014 10:19 AM (5 replies)
  • 0000rb3
    269 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 4:47 AM

Not being able to lose a ball in practice rounds. You are practicing to try new things...see what can and can't be done. I don't think that you should be able to lose a ball in practice  mode. Just thinking about it while warming up with a practice round.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 5:11 AM
    But then you'd get people only playing in practice mode. Just saying.
  • WinGolfTour
    12 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 6:23 AM

how about no ball loss at all....im leaving this site because cant afford so many ball losses

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 8:06 AM

0000rb3:
    I don't think that you should be able to lose a ball in practice  mode. Just thinking about it while warming up with a practice round.

would be great if you couldn't lose golf balls in real life golf practice rounds too...........

:-)

• TDcincy
    4 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 8:47 AM

While not losing a ball in practice mode would be nice, not realistic.  What should be fixed is the ability to change ball types like you would be able to in any real live game.  For example, you hit your last Nike Rxn in water.  If you didn't purchase new sleeve prior to round, you go to the crap WGT start ball even when you have better balls in your bag (already purchased).

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 10:19 AM

TDcincy:

What should be fixed is the ability to change ball types like you would be able to in any real live game.

Guess what!

We can't change ball types in all real games. We can only change ball types in real games that allow doing so.

Many tournament committees invoke a local rule, the - One Ball Condition - that is provided for in Appendix I of the USGA Rules of Golf. See Part C, 1., c. of Appendix I  - Local Rules: Conditions of the Competition. .

Many games here at WGT are competitions, and as such WGT is the tournament committee.

RSS