Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Fix the Deviations

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 31 2009 6:44 PM (1 replies)
  • mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 2:11 PM

I'm probably alone in this complaint for most of the upper tier players (though I'd hardly call myself one) but I CANNOT play a full round at BP without feeling the need to throw my laptop across the room at least 2 or 3 times (and sometimes many more).

What is with the deviation still in putting?!?!? I just had a 5' putt on Hole 8 (Par 3, I think), minor break right to left. I aim on the right lip of the hole, hit it perfect, and the ball leaves the putter headed for the LEFT edge of the hole and breaks from there. Are you seriously kidding me? With the recent changes to putting, the deviation should no longer be necessary. I mishit even slightly and I feel like I have no chance to make the putt anymore due to the significance of the push/pull factor. Why penalize us for a perfect stroke? The putting was changed so that we would have more control, but the deviations take away just that.

And to that end, why aren't mishits penalized the same? The last hole I could stand playing in my most recent round (11 or 12 I think) I mishit to the right of the line, the drive shanks left of my aim point. This with a left to right wind. Next swing with the 3 wood, I mishit about a 1/4" left of the line and the stroke goes STRAIGHT?!?!?

Now I am certainly not the best real golfer (handicap? what's that?) as I usually shoot in the 100-120 range. If this game were an example of my real game, you'd be trying to hit the perfect line every stroke on a Pentium 2 machine playing this game on dial-up. Just wouldn't happen unless you got VERY lucky. However, when I hit a "perfect" shot, I know I hit it perfect and it does just what it's supposed to do. Go straight and the right distance.

I don't think I would make the cut even without the deviations, but geez, it would be my own fault, not a random act of will by the game.

• bones123
    7 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 6:44 PM

I totally know what u mean. If they could work out the wind, putting, and club distances, this could

be one of the best sites in a long time. I have many issues like u, it's hard not to smash stuff  lol!

RSS