Forums

Help › Forums

Re: To all the RG-playing TL's out there...

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 4 2014 8:29 AM (8 replies)
  • Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 11:58 PM

Sup TL's, why do y'all not sign up for the TL RGs? Like, seriously...you would think those would fill up fast because of a better chance to win because of the less amount of entrants. Can you guys please sign up and play? Us TL's are the main RG players of WGT and you guys are making it seem otherwise. I know dang well that there is over 1000 TLs for sure and at least 250+ consistent RG players...c'mon! I'm just saying...sign up!

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 12:23 AM

Buggyyy:

Sup TL's, why do y'all not sign up for the TL RGs? Like, seriously...you would think those would fill up fast because of a better chance to win because of the less amount of entrants. Can you guys please sign up and play? Us TL's are the main RG players of WGT and you guys are making it seem otherwise. I know dang well that there is over 1000 TLs for sure and at least 250+ consistent RG players...c'mon! I'm just saying...sign up!

There is a couple reasons Buggyyy that i do not play them.

First is takes for ever for one to fill. The reason you probably made this thread. I don't have credits just hanging out. I barely cover my ball cost.... so i like my credits back in a short time.

Second reason... and really the main reason..... every time i seem to enter a TL ready go its playing off the baby tees. I mean really the scores are low enough now.... then you do not even know that until you enter and get on the tee.

Then.... you are like......man...off the baby tees... now going to need 10 under in 9 holes or and perfect 18 under. Sorry not for me. No reason that any TL tourney should be played off forward tees. We are TL's right??  Most of our scoring averages are fake as shite!  Sooo..... lets play off the baby tees and make them lower....lol.

Don't get it?

• skunkyone420
    173 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 12:30 AM

fo realllll. or at least wgt could make it to where its first 25 entries or something and a bigger payout.

• ujjbnjk
    2,127 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 4:02 AM

skunkyone420:

fo realllll. or at least wgt could make it to where its first 25 entries or something and a bigger payout.

dead on! make the tourlegend rgs 25 players and they will fill up like a normal 50 player rg.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 4:12 AM

ujjbnjk:

skunkyone420:

dead on! make the tourlegend rgs 25 players and they will fill up like a normal 50 player rg.

I think that would work for sure. Maybe do a top 10-15 payout or something?

• ujjbnjk
    2,127 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 5:21 AM

geraldlarousse:
    Maybe do a top 10-15 payout or something?

yeah sounds good! who call mrwgt? lol

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 6:22 AM

The thing is, if all the TLs who don't sign up because of the time it takes issue, then they ould fill up fast and everyone would get their credits back. I am guilty of it too, so not pointing fingers just saying. Although I have a decent bank now, so will probably start signing up for all of the TL RGs from here on out.  Im not bothered about the tee issue really. Get what people are saying but its not that big of a deal really, IMO, but to each their own.

The 25 entry thing Could work but could pose a couple of other issues. If you do a top 10 payout based on the WGT payout rules the #1 spot would take in 800 on 100 credit entry.  The top 5 make credits, the 6th breaks even and the rest lose credits, effectively, after 10th place all of their credits. This is much more cutthroat, which is probably how it should be at this level, but you might find a bunch of guys again not signing up because they just know they won't be in the top 5. 25 is probably a small enough number tho that you could fill it anyway as there are probably 25 top tier TLs who would through in every day, 100 credits to have a chance at 800.

If you go top 15 then the # 1 spot only makes 300 on 100 credit entry. So is that enough. In that scenario only the top 2 spots really make anything enough to cover ball usage, and barely at that. So I think on a 25 person entry you'd have to do top 10, maybe even a top 5 payout and make it even more cutthroat. More like if you are doing challenges. You either win or lose, not a whole lot of in between.

Not sure why they don't just get rid of the TL RGs and put in 4 or 5 more Open RGs, as the TLs who play alot of RGs will just go play those. Maybe even use those 4 or 5 RGs to do some higher stakes RGs. Some 500CR 9 holers, some 1000, and 2000 18 holers.

It would be interesting to try something different at any rate as this seems to have been a problem for a long time

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 8:20 AM

Lol, if TLs don't sign up for the RGs, of course they're going to take time to fill, that's why you sign up! If players see a RG fill up and paying out faster then usual, I guarantee that RG will draw more attention.

I do agree with the 25 entrants for TL RG's! DO IT DO IT DO IT!

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 8:29 AM

I usually take a look at previous scores and notice those TL RG's have some really low scores and I rarely shoot those scores on those courses. Now if those RG's are being played from short tees, then I would understand the lower scores and would be more willing to play TL RG's. But currently no way to know what tees are being played until after you pay the entry fee. WGT needs to show what are tees being used, just like wind, green speed and hole positions.

I usually only play RG's where I know I have a good chance to at least get half my credits back even if I play "bad". When seeing the TL RG scores, I think I would be lucky to finish in top 30.

FYI: as of Jan.2, 2014 there were 820 TLs. So probably less than 900 now. I will do my TL rankings soon and post them as usual. Been rather busy lately and takes me a couple hours to get and sort the data.

Edit: Also rarely play RG's for more than 100cr. Might play 200cr if 18 holes.

RSS