Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Now I'm fuming (again). Great round ruined

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 23 2010 11:36 AM (9 replies)
  • Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 3:31 PM

Scored a 69 in the Tour Pro tournament a few days ago, and then scored 67 on Bethpage yesterday in a MP match. So figured I may try and do that in the tournament too, where it counts more.

Great start with -4 after the first 10. Then I decided to record it as 31 is my best on the front 9 ever. PrintScr. Alt-Tab out of the fullscreen scorecard and open up Paint. Save the image and then back to WGT.

But WTF is this? I click on Continue and nothing happens. At first there was colour over the button, but now that doesn't even happen. Nothing happens. Try to minimize the window and maximize it again. That works. Right-click menu works, but sending a report to WGT does not. Nothing happens.

So this probably means my likely best ever round at Bethpage is lost into the huge screaming belly of the WGT bug system. Why does this always happen when I have a great round for once? I'm so bloody pissed off, and that's after half an hour of cooling down.

Haven't even closed down the window as I'm hoping for a miracle. Will the game be saved so I can continue it later or am I fucked? I'm going to assumed the latter cause nothing shows in the left-window here on WGT.com. It showed -4 earlier. Maybe it's time to stop playing the game when this *** happens all the time, before I throw something out the window I may need later. Say, for writing a MA thesis.

For what it's worth, here is the screenshot of my great F9. To me it is great anyway.

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 3:59 PM

Pangaea:

Scored a 69 in the Tour Pro tournament a few days ago, and then scored 67 on Bethpage yesterday in a MP match. So figured I may try and do that in the tournament too, where it counts more.

Great start with -4 after the first 10. Then I decided to record it as 31 is my best on the front 9 ever. PrintScr. Alt-Tab out of the fullscreen scorecard and open up Paint. Save the image and then back to WGT.

But WTF is this? I click on Continue and nothing happens. At first there was colour over the button, but now that doesn't even happen. Nothing happens. Try to minimize the window and maximize it again. That works. Right-click menu works, but sending a report to WGT does not. Nothing happens.

So this probably means my likely best ever round at Bethpage is lost into the huge screaming belly of the WGT bug system. Why does this always happen when I have a great round for once? I'm so bloody pissed off, and that's after half an hour of cooling down.

Haven't even closed down the window as I'm hoping for a miracle. Will the game be saved so I can continue it later or am I fucked? I'm going to assumed the latter cause nothing shows in the left-window here on WGT.com. It showed -4 earlier. Maybe it's time to stop playing the game when this *** happens all the time, before I throw something out the window I may need later. Say, for writing a MA thesis.

For what it's worth, here is the screenshot of my great F9. To me it is great anyway.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 4:00 PM

If you close it down it should resume when you open the game client again.

Cheers

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 4:01 PM

I don't know how many games I've started in the last two days,,,lucky to complete 20% of them between people quiting Wgt errors,,,sad ,,,very sad...

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 5:13 PM

Thankfully I was able to finish the round. Sadly I lost my good game after that, and only thanks to some fortuitous long putts did I save many a par. But if it wasn't for a 3-putted bogey on the very last hole I would have been tied 1st so far in the tournament with a 65. 66 is still a personal record though, so am happy with that. But an ending like that always leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Any idea when people are moved up to Master now after the upgrade? I'm dangerously close with 68.89 now. Not sure if I should be happy or frightened...

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 11:44 AM

I am absolutely amazed,,,after playing this game for so long,,,make your adjustments,,,and total Horse Crap results,,,and off course,,,it happens just in time to your opponent an avenue to get back into the game...I'm at a point,,,where I'm almost always dead on with my meter,,,yet the results are negative more then positive...frankly WGT where do I need to invest more money,,,to get a result from a positive shot... 

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 1:01 PM

mrshazam:
    I'm at a point,,,where I'm almost always dead on with my meter,,,yet the results are negative more then positive...frankly WGT where do I need to invest more money,,,to get a result from a positive shot... 
    Well... I'm not WGT... but I can tell you the clubs your using (Rapture V2) are rated 1.5 dots of precision.... If you can handle the meter, upgrade to the G15, G10, or I15 irons.  A lot less forgivness but a lot more precision.  You can even invest in some slowdown (GI3-?) balls and get the meter back somewhat close to the Rapture speed.

• jordanisawesome
    620 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 1:32 PM

i agree that the g10 irons have better precision when u get it tight by the meter. but when u get it just a little of the excellent point it usually goes way to side side somewhere which has ruinded so many of my rounds. however even thought the raptures dont show the greatest presicion the forgivness of the the raptures help that when u get the bar farther of teh excellent but i would agree that the g10 ir i15 irons would be the best way to go

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 3:56 PM

Any idea when people are moved up to Master now after the upgrade? I'm dangerously close with 68.89 now. Not sure if I should be happy or frightened...

I think i am also close with a 69 average but i don't play but maybe a round a day so i'm only on level 28 so does anyone know if they go be levels or average? And got the same ????? as pangea on should I be happy

Please answer

• jordanisawesome
    620 Posts
    Sat, Oct 23 2010 11:36 AM

the only difference between rapture irons and i15 irons or g10 irons are the distance u gotta get it pretty well on the sweet spot if u want it to go where u are aiming and if u dont it will go another direction.now with the rapture irons they may not have the precision stats but with the forgivness they have it is like haveing high precison...the rapture irons would probably be the best for a player just playing for fun... but if u are playing for credits and earnings then u would be using the i15 or the g10 irons

RSS