Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 15th green on BP!!!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 10 2009 10:08 PM (6 replies)
  • Syn7aX
    64 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 6:20 AM

So I get a 5 foot putt for par on the 15th green on BP.  I am -1 at this point.  And I notice that the green is moving the same direction, left to right from both views.  Hmm which should I go by?  So I guess the back view, and of course it ends up being from the reverse view is the way the putt moved!!!  And of course stupid me, the green was reading the same for the 2nd putt for bogey from both directions and I natually choose the wrong one again!  ARG!!!  Freaking robbed two strokes!!!

I did send in the bug from the option, so maybe it will be resolved.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 9:53 AM

This is an extremely difficult green to read, even with the dots.  We have checked and the dots are working properly.

• Syn7aX
    64 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 10:13 AM

I appologize but that is impossible.  If the same 5 feet of space has the same left to right break from both views, something is wrong.  I was directly behind the hole.  Not too much break mind you, but enough to where I had to set my mark about 6in.  I hit the line dead on and the ball moved opposite of the dots.

When we send in the bug from in game, do you get to see the shot we had?

Still love the game, but that was extremely frustrating.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 10:27 AM

yes, if you send the error report from in game we can recreate your shot.  I have not seen you specific case, but I will have someone look into it further.  A few things to note is that the green on 15 is not a simple back to front slope, the green has a very complex tilt right at the location of the hole. if you have the ball to the right and the left of the hole you can see the tilt.

• Syn7aX
    64 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 10:33 AM

I know the tilt is there.  Like I said, I was straight behind the hole.  I can just tell you that the dots moved left to right on both, behind me and in reverse view.  Normally they change left to right behind me equals right to left in reverse.  This wasn't the case.  And of course I went with the look from behind me both times and the ball moved opposite of the dots, both times, lol, of course I didn't learn my lesson on the first shot.  If I stayed in the reverse view I would have guess right, but then I would have had to move my mark to the opposite side of the hole, heh.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 10:43 AM

we will investigate further, thanks

• Baiken
    53 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2009 10:08 PM

I have seen this happen as well. Not only on BP 15th, but also other greens. I will report them if you would like but for now I am going with the reverse angle (downhill) and forward angle (uphill). Not sure if it's a great strategy seeing that my avg is climbing faster than ever :)

RSS