Help › Forums

Re: Ready Go Tournaments.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 6 2010 7:10 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pluer
    142 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:59 PM
    thanks for the answer! Master is using same 275/278 driver! Why ? I should have a 285 295 driver to have a chance on andys 4,7,14 and !17! Imposible - I catched on all of this 3 holes today 27-30 headwind *** r u serious ? No problem to play championchip tees with low wind, but cmon, this is .... am I suposed to take a break till u make this superdrivers available? thanks for reply(sandbagers - wow - u moved up all of them to PRO tier and they can buy the supertri to boom boom every short par4 in match chalenges Wow - good job)))
  • b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 3:30 PM

tiffer67:

With todays maintenance completed, am I right in assuming that in the ready go tournaments all competitors will now play off different tees depending on their tier?

It was my understanding that they have always hit off their own tees.   This was not a change in the update.   The change was adding more tees!

Cheers

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 4:49 PM

b0geybuster:
    tiffer67:

With todays maintenance completed, am I right in assuming that in the ready go tournaments all competitors will now play off different tees depending on their tier?

It was my understanding that they have always hit off their own tees.   This was not a change in the update.   The change was adding more tees!

Cheers

If that were the case, Bolloxi wouldn't have said anything in the Levels Announcement thread about how the tee changes were going to make sandbaggers too powerful, and I wouldn't be getting tied by players with almost full- starter clubs, even when I had a pretty good round, (something that never happened before.)

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 6:18 AM

I think the concern is now that you have good if not great players that are only masters hitting off the master tees, while the legend are much further back with the same equipment.  

Cheers 

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 12:22 PM

and concern is putting it lightly.

• gobbog
    150 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 7:10 PM

I think it's pretty simple... for tournys and ReadyGos, ALL players play on a level field. Same tees, same greens. The best players win.

If you want to break down the tournys by level, that's OK too, Legends against Legends, etc. All equal, no advantages for players who don't play (PRACTICE) as much. This will also eliminate sandbagging in the tournys. Sandbagging in Matchplay is still another problem.

Why give an advantage to a player who can't or does't want to reach the premier level?There was a reason the Old Masters were winning all the events.... they wanted it more.

• PAGES
    RSS