Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Who is this idiot?

Wed, Aug 25 2010 12:33 PM (36 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 4:50 PM

Richard4168:
    In this case, Snaike was half right, and VHL was half right. IMO  : )
    Thanks for looking on the bright side, Richard... =)    We may be discussing apples and oranges here... but I'd like to add one thing...

If your VISA Green Dot card has a prepaid balance, then it is classified as a "Gift Card"..  they work like credit cards but are, in actuality a debit card.

Since you can reload it, always letting VISA play with your money, they can't charge you interest... if, however, you were to play with their money (credit card) they can.

Anyone can have a gift/debit card... anyone.   Anyone at all.  You said it yourself, Richard, there are no credit checks.  What do the CC companies care if you're using your own money... they are a great advancement in our society.

These are NOT the cards I was speaking about originally.

There is a VERY large difference between Gift/Debit Cards and actual Credit Cards to the Banks that issue them.  To you and me, in everyday life, there is a very small difference (unless you really don't like paying the "24%!!!" interest.)

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 6:55 PM

Richard4168:
    I don't understand why WGT can't keep track of one card number for one account. If the same card number comes-up for a different named account, Busted. No?

They can, if they wish Richard, but the point is, this alone will do nothing with the availability of these other disposable cards. Anyone can go grab three at the nearest WalMart, and have three accounts with three different card #'s.

Richard4168:
    In this case, Snaike was half right, and VHL was half right. IMO  : )

Agreed!

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 7:11 PM

Snaike:

Kaslo:

I think it's been suggested before. No credit card... No account.

It has Kaslo...   But with a slight difference.

Let anyone open as many accounts as they want for free...  free play, pro shop if wanted, all courses, all CTTH...

But as soon as you want to play for credits (or other prizes) you have to register ONE account with a credit card.... one account per player playing for prizes.

Simple and elegant....

Woah woah guys not everyone has a credit card readily available to them.  There has to be another way of determining who is multi accounting and who isn't...

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 7:19 PM

Snaike:
    If your VISA Green Dot card has a prepaid balance, then it is classified as a "Gift Card"..

I think it's a matter of opinion at this point. The only thing that separates a real credit card from a Green Dot credit/debit card is the annual percentage rate like you mentioned. Department store gift cards can't be reloaded, they have a fixed dollar amount, and will lose their value if not used in a relatively small time frame. The Green Dot card can be re-loaded and has a two year expiration date, where at the time it expires, I get issued a new card and my currency transfers with it. Also, they'll waive the monthly fee if I make 30 purchases a month, and it can be a purchase for anything from a candy bar to a sofa. no harm no foul.

Department store gift cards cannot be used in the venues I previously described, only from the the store you purchase the gift card at with a fixed dollar amount, normally $500 max. But yes, there are also Visa and MasterCard gift cards and are relatively the same as the department store gift cards. When the dollar amount has been used-up, you can cut the card up. I do believe the Visa gift card can be used in the venues I mentioned earlier in my first post too. Check out the Visa or MasterCard Green Dot card, it's like putting money in your own personal bank. I don't believe they offer interest, but they will up the dollar amount you can load on the card if your a serious card user. $2500 max.

It's a fun debate Snaike nonetheless.  : )

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 7:52 PM

overthetop2:
    Woah woah guys not everyone has a credit card readily available to them.  There has to be another way of determining who is multi accounting and who isn't...
    You're right, OTT.... and that's the flaw in the system.

Something has to change though... it seems the multiples are getting thick and starting to wander away with the prizes.

• Docwilli11
    8 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:12 AM

THIS COMING STRAIT AT YA...WGT IS AWARE OF SOME THINGS GOING ON IN THIS GAME....IF  YOU HAVE BEEN TO GOOGLE AND TYPE IN YOUR PERFECT METER...AND DOWNLOADED IT.. THEN SOON WGT WILL BUG YOUR ACCOUNT..MOST OF THE SOFTWARE THEY SAY IS LEGAL..HOWEVER WHEN IT COMPRIMISES THE GAME AND YOUR FINGERS DONT  HIT THE LINE FOR YOU..THEN THATS NOT GOLFING..ITS  FOOLING YOURSELF..I DO KNOW ITS POSSIBLE TO BE A GREAT GOLFER...AND SHOOT LOW SCORES..BUT WHEN PEOPLE ADMIT TO USING THIS SOFTWARE AND SAYING ITS OK..AND ITS NOT CHEATING..THERE  ONLY CHEATING THEMSELVES..I DO KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THERE  ARE FOUR OF THE TOP 10 PLAYERS ON HERE..USE THE SOFTWARE..ON THERE ACTIVITYS IT SHOWS THEM TALKING OF IT..AS WELL AS OTHER SOFTWARES..NOW IF U WANT ME TO NAME NAMES..THEN MESSAGE ME.. THEY  DONT CALL ME DOC FOR NOTHING..

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 12:33 PM

overthetop2:

You're not the only one OTT2. I don't have a credit card, nor do I plan to be using one soon either. Why should well-meaning members of the community on this FREE site where payment is not needed need to put in a CC number if it not needed for the game. Why should members of the community, like me and OTT2, be barred from the forums when we aren't causing any trouble?

Don't let the bad guys win. Changing the way WGT works means they win. Keep it as it is.

RSS