Forums

Help › Forums

Re: getting the shaft

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 22 2010 8:52 AM (5 replies)
  • DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 9:34 PM

I was going to be 3 up with 2 to play in a match play challenge match with carlos3... something, when the game kept giving unexpected errors, resulting in 3 disconnections, and me forfeiting 90 credits.  I believe this is all comming about because of bugs with the 30 second clock.  I have never noticed these problems with the 90 second clock.  But every MPC game I am in, involving the 30 second clock, there are numerous consistant game errors and disconnects. Please address this issue. Putting an untested program feature like the 30 second clock that has many bugs, in games involving credits is suspect and a bad policy, since wgt never returns the credits to the damaged party.  Do away with the clock, or fix the bugs, it is that simple!

• Crumdog99
    2 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 6:09 AM

Same issue I am having if you tyr to hit with less than 5 seconds you get a fatal error

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 2:52 PM

Crumdog99:

Same issue I am having if you tyr to hit with less than 5 seconds you get a fatal error

Why not play with the 90 second clock if you're having problems? Just wondering.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 8:52 AM

Ive had simular instances w/30 sec clock which I like to use to curtail SLOW play. ie 45-80 sec for a 2ft putt, drives, etc. Your reply, play w/90 sec clock is one solution, but doesn't give direction for the situation explained. I think WGT has a major glitch with the 30sec timer. I read a post recently suggesting a clock timer like the one used for chess. You get penalized when the allotted time agreed upon runs out, not by # of error messages.Just one players opinion.

• saladx
    39 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 11:06 AM

same prob here , if ur hittin the ball in the last 2secs , the game experiences a crash -have gone thrru it couple of times now = weird

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 11:24 AM

That is a temporary work around Ala, but I'm guessing the OP was trying to bring it to WGT's attention so that it could be addressed. Also good to share here so others can avoid the same scenario.

RSS