Forums

Help › Forums

Re: longest drive award

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 15 2010 11:17 AM (6 replies)
  • Valrec
    70 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 6:14 PM

Might be a bug...unfortunately I didn't save the shot or log a bug report at the time, but I hit a 392 drive at St Andrews in very high winds (wk 33 unlimited play), and didn't get award for longest drive of my career, also the drive didn't show up on my stats at the end of the game.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 8:36 PM

Did it possibly end up in the rough?

• Valrec
    70 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2010 4:37 AM

Hi, speedyschic.

Umm, yeah, it did, went past the green into the rough....I suppose, from your question,  that means it's not a clean drive to fairway and thus doesn't qualify as a drive for stats, or get an award. If that is the case then this is not a bug. Makes sense really. Thanks SC :  )

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2010 6:27 AM

That would be correct Val, you will do it a gain soon so keep pounding away!

• Valrec
    70 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2010 6:48 AM

Thanks Blue. Yup I'll keep hacking away! :).

I'm not too bothered about the award, though it is nice to make personal achievements, was more concerned with if things were working ok, and they are :).  Really....Not bothered at all....OK, where are those heavy winds, I want to get my diamond award now! ; ) Hehe.

Valrec

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sat, Aug 14 2010 11:12 AM

Nice drive by the way.... I must feel good to hit it that far even if it does end up in the rough

• Valrec
    70 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 11:17 AM

Thanks, speedyschic, yeah hitting the drive that far kinda made up for the fact that it ended in the rough...in fact I lost track of exactly where the ball was going cos I was watching the shot yardage going up and up and up, hehe.

Thanks to you and Claymoreblue for your replies : )

Valrec

RSS