Forums

Help › Forums

Re: OK, Here's one for You all !

Wed, Jul 28 2010 9:29 AM (2 replies)
  • Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 8:52 PM

Usually on #17 at Kiawah Island when I hit it in the water, it automatically tees it up at the front of the pro tee and I'm hitting 3 and I understand stroke and distance plus a lost ball and it $uck$ but it happens.

Tonight I hit it in the drink and instead of the usual drop at the front of the tee box, it put me 120 yds down the course in the hard sand with a 20 - 30 lie and 61 yds to the pin across the water and I could not see my Avatar from either view !  wait a second isnt it my choice to re-tee the ball or to drop it where it last cross the hazard?

I really wish I knew how to take a screenshot because this was an absolute first for me !!!

Has this ever happened to anyone else? and do you think we should be able to drop like it states in the USGA rule book?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 10:09 PM

Hi Stryder,

We try to keep to the official rules whenever possible, but interpreting the rules properly in every situation is a tough thing to do when there's not a human making the decision each time.  Sometimes a miscalculation will occur with the entry point and you may end up in a weird place now and then.  The best thing you can do in a bad drop situation is to save a replay from the previous shot and then submit a bug report by right-clicking in the game client and choosing the "Submit this problem to WGT".  If you note your username and the saved replay in your bug report it will help us immensely to see both what happened during the shot and where you ended up as a result.

Also, you can learn how to create and post screenshots in this thread.

Thanks =)

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 9:29 AM

Thanks NIV

read the thread on how to make screenshots but hopefully I wont end up in that spot again, lmbo !  but just in case I will send screenshot and file a bug report if it happens again.

RSS