Help › Forums

Re: Saved Games - Restart. Wont let me practice first

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 25 2010 8:43 AM (4 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2010 10:07 PM

Hi All,

One issue I find annoying is that when I have saved a game, and want to come back to it later - I cant have a tune up and have a few practice hits before I restart my actual saved round ??  I cant change my clubs or balls - thats fair enough, but it takes you straight to your saved game!! 

Would be nice to play a few practice holes first, just to get back into the swing of it before you commence your round. Not great going into an important round, stone motherless cold !!

Can anyone assist - or am I missing something ??

Cheers

Doug

• UKCats
    165 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2010 10:21 PM

I would imagine WGT doesn't want you to play a practice round because you could save your round, and go practice that putt you have on a particular hole. If you had an 8 footer at Oakmont you could just go play a practice round and practice that same putt.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2010 11:32 PM

Hi Uk,

Hmmm - yeh possibly? Hadnt thought of that one.

Its just a pain going right into, maybe an important round without a hit up first?

Thx

Doug

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:43 AM

Doug,

One way to "warm up" is to log off WGT and enter the  game client as a Guest.  Tee off in a practice round and play a few holes with starter clubs and ball.  Up to you to decide which is better going into the saved round, warmed up on different speed equipment, or cold.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 8:43 AM

UKCats:

I would imagine WGT doesn't want you to play a practice round because you could save your round, and go practice that putt you have on a particular hole. If you had an 8 footer at Oakmont you could just go play a practice round and practice that same putt.

Note that the pros didn't get any warm-up time or practice strokes when play resumed in The Open after that wind delay.

RSS