Forums

Help › Forums

Re: swing meter jumpy - cache was clear

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:41 AM (7 replies)
  • SMOKEYSPAL
    15 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2009 8:27 AM

Firstly, I think your site is terrific - to offer so much variety and quality for free, and I just want to congratulate what you have done.

This post is just to echo an issue that I've read in other posts... The swing meter will 'stick' then lurch ahead; one one fairway shot it did so twice, an there was no way to compensate for the uneven meter.  I've read about 'clearing the Flash cache', and have routinely done what I believe is this procedure (running firefox, tools, options, clear private data making sure the cache box is selected)  Also, I've wondered about site traffic, connection speeds, etc.  My system is not limited (2 quad PCU Q9400, 6G RAM), not running heavy programs, actually not running anything simultaneously.

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2009 5:11 AM

i have the same problem, i just can't take a shot with the swing meter being so erratic, its ok when you are playing alone, but if you are playing against someone you only have so long to take a shot.

can anyone from WGT suggest how this can be fixed?

• brenkehoe
    5 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2009 4:30 PM

KEY FOR LAG 10 IS WORSE (MAJOR LAG) 1 IS BEST (SMOOTH AS A FOSTERS SCUBA)

swing meter lag for me is very unpredictablE.

1. Gaming pc @ Home. Amd 6400 x2 black box with 4gb corsair DDR 2 and a geforce 9800 gx2 with 5mb internet. Swing meter lag 7 / 10

2. High end laptop @ Friends. 1gb ram vista 8mb connection on board graphics not good. Swing meter lag 5 / 10.

3. Work pc for software development. Nothing special at all. Stinking dell on board graphics 2gB cpu but a 10mb pipe 3/10.

Simple you might think... Its obviously the connection ! But i took my gaming pc into work and it lagged more than my work pc !!

How can this be ? I have the latest version of flash gfx drivers and everything ? Is my 2000 pound gaming machine realy slower than my stinking dell work pc ?

Can anyone shed any light on this because if i waste 800 credits on another tournament and get lagged into a bunker all 3 pcs will end up smashed to bits.

Please help ;0

• walka
    9 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2009 12:28 PM

I think its the site......I have a unusual work schedule that allows me to play at varies times during the day and night. if I play at 5am est  i get almost no lag on the bar at all, if i play at 8pm est you can forget it the bar starts and stops like a teenage driving a manual transmission. And If I really want a challege I play a multiplayer foursome  at 8:30 pm on a monday night . I am an amature rank and my rounds can go from 5 under (on 9) to 4 over . And I still don't get How the wind can blow left to right at 10 mph I don't change the shoot direction I hit on the rt of the white hit marker and the ball goes to the left of the pin. must be a new kind of phyisics.

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2009 6:32 PM

meter is really bad today

in fact the whole thing is AWFUL today. All of a sudden the slightest miss hit is goin crazy, the wind effects are all over, and the meters are all over.

I get the meters jumping and skipping when it gets busy, but how does it make the physics all of a sudden bad? The code shouldnt change cause more people are here

• SMOKEYSPAL
    15 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2009 6:57 PM

Well, since Smokey and I started this thread one late dreary night, we'll add our latest findings.  I stopped using my Firefox browser for WGT, instead devoted my unused Internet Explorer just to running WGT.   Result?  Improvement... now I can only blame my trigger finger for the shanks.  I'm playing on a Sunday evening, Eastern Standard time, not seeing any slowdowns or glitches with the program.  'Course, every other virtual golfer is probably doing the honorable thing and celebrating their mother this Mother's Day, so probably less traffic!

1,644 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2009 5:45 AM

I've noticed, whatever browser your using, make sure you don't have a lot of add-ins or plug-ins installed/running!  As well try to eliminate any unneeded background processes that you don't need at the time.  Since changing from IE (lots of add-ins from lots of web surfing) to Safari (which I used exclusively for WGT) I've noticed a significant improvement... Still not perfect, but better.

Lee

• Partsman41953
    341 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:41 AM

I have been having a lot of problems with the meter lately. I use Google Chrome and it seems like at some times during the day the meter is worse than at other times. When you are in the middle of a tournament and the meter gets choppy at the wrong time and you hit a tee shot on the hossel and it goes in the weeds and you lose a ball that is not fair. I am almost at the point of giving this up as it is already difficult with the different tiers now and then you mix in a jumpy meter and it is like fighting a losing battle. 

If anyone has any recommendations on solving this meter problem please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Glenn

RSS