Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Immovable object

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 17 2010 2:40 PM (3 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 9:05 AM

18th at SA. The drive winds up along the picket fence on the right, just past the pathway. Immovable object came up on the screen followed by FREE DROP. The free drop was back to the tee, hitting 2.

Is this right? 

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 11:36 AM

Hi YJ,

According to the rules you get one club length from the nearest point of relief with a free drop.  If you cannot drop within one club length and also no closer to the hole then you have to go back to the tee.  We may need to check out the relief points for that area.

Thanks for the report.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 12:38 PM

Thanks for the answer, Niv. I submitted a bug report so it should be readily accessible. Unless the graphics skewed the view it was on the fairway side of the fence.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 2:40 PM

Hey YJ,

Just for fun, the next time you get the "immovable object" and the free drop back at the tee, try looking at the replay and see what happens. I`ve only had the immovable object once, S.A. #1, when my drive rolled up to the retaining wall of the brook but not in the water.

I was sent back to the tee for my do-over, but I replayed it to see how close I came and after the replay, I was set by the brook as if I`d taken a drop from the obstruction, playing my second shot :p.

I sent a bug report and wondered if that was how to get the "option" of where to play the next shot from in that situation, to just hit the "replay" ;).

RSS