Help › Forums

Re: buying new balls getting out of hand

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 15 2010 9:14 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mefitz
    372 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 8:10 AM

Hey Dmm, Don`t forget the "Charles Barkley" swing! I don`t think that swing can be classified under any other name...atleast I Hope not ;D.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 7:14 PM

I wanna see the charles barkley  avatar!!!

but  seriously,   I guess WGT  should of had a  fee to join,  that way people that joined for free, and got free equipment and unlimited balls   FOREVER  would not  keep asking for more free stuff! Give a wild animal some food  and soon they will be breaking into your cabin to raid the fridge.

• rustan
    66 Posts
    Thu, Jul 15 2010 12:38 AM

Can someone tell me why a more expensive ball travels less distance than a slighty cheaper one. Trying a vapor ball and losing maybe 5%. It does help with the meter,just, But at  about 125 credits ????????

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Thu, Jul 15 2010 7:12 AM

you must have purchased a different vapor ball then you were using then.  I had some , but I made sure they had the same attributes my current ball had.  They are  more expencive  because of the vapor trail, just like a car with a custom paint job would be worth more then the same car without it. You pay for the purty!

• rustan
    66 Posts
    Thu, Jul 15 2010 4:02 PM

yeah, now i get to see it trail into the scrub

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jul 15 2010 8:36 PM

WGTniv:

The assumption that swing speed equals clubhead speed is incorrect.  The balls you use represent a golfer's feel when standing over a shot.  If you're using the rock hard cheapos in real life you're not going to able to control those as consistently as you would a ProV1x, even with the same range of hits.  This is why top pros on Tour use the expensive balls.  They like the way they feel.

Swing speed in this game represents just one of the elements of shot control rather than just flat out clubhead speed and potential distance.  Purchasing a game improvement ball will increase your feel for the shot.  The way we manifest that additional level of feel that a ProV1x would provide to a Tour player is to slow down the swing meter.  This allows the player similar consistent results as a result of being able to control the shot better (via the slower meter).

Very interesting WGTniv. That does shed a little light on the subject.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, Jul 15 2010 9:14 PM

I've found that the B-Xd balls are cheap, durable.. and offer a pristine amount of roll with high spin clubs. They either bite or roll a couple of yards.. which fits my game. Of course I'm using master clubs with generous spin rating.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Jul 15 2010 9:20 PM

rustan:
    Can someone tell me why a more expensive ball travels less distance than a slighty cheaper one. Trying a vapor ball and losing maybe 5%.

Very easy to explain...the tail decreases aerodynamics.  LOL!

• PAGES
RSS