Forums

Help › Forums

Re: slow motion

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 13 2010 8:59 PM (7 replies)
  • hatch62
    57 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 7:28 AM

When i hit the ball the swing is going in slow motion. this his happening on all my swings putting included.  it is very frustrating.  what can be done to correct this problem? i have cleaned every thing i can find.

hatch62

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 1:02 PM

Hi hatch,

You can try some of the basic settings like switching your graphics quality to low level and turning off flagstick animations.  Those tend to help if the animations are dragging since lower graphics are not nearly as CPU intense.

What version of Adobe Flash player are you running?  If you are running 10.1, do you know if your video card is supported?  Many players with older video cards are reporting less than stellar performance with the newest version of flash.  Many of those players have chosen to stay with Flash 10.0 instead reporting less overall jitteryness during the animations.  If you are currently running 10.1, I would recommend going back to 10.0 to see if that helps at all.

You can find out which flash version you are running by clicking the following link: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 1:36 PM

Has anyone figured out a way to roll back to 10.0 while using Chrome? It just keeps "upgrading" mine to 10.1. (Grrrr...  :/  )

With IE and 10.0, I get great video - hardly ever "choppy" - but with a stuttering meter...

... with Chrome and 10.1, I get the "slow motion" choppy video (especially after a few rounds after clearing my caches) - but with a relatively smooth meter.

If I could use 10.0 with Chrome, things might be better.

I've read (and re-read) the threads that deal with "downgrading Flash"... did I miss something there?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 1:48 PM

Not sure if that's possible Pugs.  It looks like Chrome does the deed on its own with no input from the user.  So far Google searches have not produced any tips on disabling the auto-updater in Chrome, just disabling flash in general which you don't want to do.  Someone will figure a way around it eventually, but it doesn't look like they have yet.

You might be able to try an older version of Chrome or consider making the switch to FireFox since it does not auto-update flash.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 2:52 PM

Hey pugs,

You should really use FireFox browser for the best swing meter results. FireFox was doing the same thing to me, like Chrome is doing to you. This might work with Chrome.

What you do is, get the archive version of flash here. Install the flash player uninstaller here. Download the archive versions, and install the flash player 10.0.45.2 plug-in for your application (mac, or Windows). If you get a message saying to upgrade your plug-in, uninstall version 10,0, and install version 10.1. Then uninstall version 10.1, and install version 10.0 using the flash player uninstaller. It may look confusing, but it worked for me, and I haven't got the plug-in message any more. My meter couldn't be better as a result using version 10.0.45.2 with my integrated graphics.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 3:36 PM

Hi PugsAce, 

Now that you`re an expert at changing browsers ;p, try Chrome Iron (SRWare.net) which is a bare-bones version of Chrome.

I ran into the same problem with the flash up-date on Chrome, so I tried retro-grading the flash on Chrome Iron. It works like a dream. I ran across this browser while reading TWO forums last winter and haven`t had any issues at all. It has the Least amount of interference of any browser out there. Hence the "bare-bones" description. I`ve got it dedicated to WGT now and use the standard Chrome for other video sites instead (and I have no issues with the newer flash on other sites, Only with WGT). My Firefox browser is tied up with mail, news, etc., which suits me just fine.

The bottom line is, Iron for no-nonsense, bare-bones WGT usage. FireFox and Chrome with more "bells and whistles" for more intensive, wider range usage as they are meant to be used.    Cheers and GL 

• cappy123
    39 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 6:11 PM

why does it now take so long load a round in multiplay this is rediclous along with your disappearing putting grid and your minimap cam views

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 8:59 PM

That's a solid find Mefitz.

RSS