Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 100's of CC emails and counting !!!!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 11 2010 12:49 PM (1 replies)
  • Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 3:49 AM

In the CC forums  when anyone selects to recieve no email (unticking the box)  it is still defaulting to recieve email on each and every post.

Last week I have recieved  100's of emails  on each and every subject.  Every game  every 'near closing'  etc etc  Others too have complained about the numerous emails. I as an owner want them to recieve important news as and when it happens.

As we are going to upload  in the region of 12,000 scorecards during our season it would seem that  over 720,000 emails will be sent along with other posts...........why can't the option NOT to subscribe work? 

Surely it is better to deafult it to "off" status and if a person wants to receive updates  he can subscribe to that particular thread by going to the options tab at the top and clicking the  email option to subscribe.

Please look into this as it will soon infuriate members having to constantly clear out their emails  or set filters to prevent WGT mail arriving, thus losing possible important information from CC owners  and WGT alike.

Also  it seems anyone can "lock" a post thread  surely this needs to be looked at as well.  This would prevent anyone posting a reply. Maybe allow only owners the option of locking a thread

There are very limited controls, but surely allowing all to control is a disaster waiting to happen.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 12:49 PM

Hi Cm2,

Regarding the locked thread issue.  Players have the ability to lock their own post, but not an entire thread.  The thread shows as locked in the post list, but if you go into the post you'll see that only that person's single post is actually locked to response.  It's similar to when you were trying to lock your GS posts, but it was only locking your initial post.  All further postings you could still reply to.  This is built in to the forum software, so it may be difficult to change.  As CC owner you can edit other's posts, so you can remove the lock yourself.

Regarding the "Email Me Replies" problem.  There's definitely something wrong there.  If you start a post and uncheck "Email Me Replies" everything is ok, however, if anyone else in the club posts in that thread and forgets to uncheck that option then it actually turns the option back on for every other post in the thread.  This we can probably fix and thanks for the report.

RSS