Help › Forums

Re: Play window stuck on 42%

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 11 2010 1:31 PM (4 replies)
  • Slade2000
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 2:25 AM

Hi

I played fine and now all of a sudden if i want to play my play window pops up and starts to load and then get stuck on 42% and stays there. What can this be?

Tnx

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 12:09 PM

HI Slade... check out this thread...  WGTNiv has a great answer.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 12:11 PM

Hi Slade,

Follow this link to learn how to clear both of your caches.  Game & course files are stored in your PC's cache and at times those files can be become corrupt, fragmented or out of date.  Clearing your caches allows your PC to re-acquire all the necessary files from the server and that should alleviate your loading issue.  Typically when you see this problem you want to clear caches as a first step.

Be aware that clearing your cache will reset your in-game options.  If you have any preferences for things like graphics quality, putting grid or flagstick animations then you'll want to reset those before you tee it up again.

• Slade2000
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 9:53 AM

Thanks for the reply's. Ok i did all this and set my caches to 1mb on flash and firefox now it goes to 52% and then stops. If i load it again it then only goes to 42% until i clear the caches then to 52% again.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 1:31 PM

Slade,

Flash cache is fine at 1MB, but if you adjusted FireFox's cache you'll need a much larger setting than 1MB.  I recommend a minimum of 500MB for FireFox's cache.

Also, can you please check your Flash Global Storage Settings panel and make sure that both options are checked just like in the picture below.

RSS