Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I'm brand new here, need advice

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 3 2010 6:07 PM (3 replies)
  • OilPays
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 4:22 PM

I played a few practice holes. I finally decided to try playing a round with someone. Everything was fine until the 5th hole. Then my screen said the guy I was playing against disconnected. Then I was back at the start and I guess my game was over.

Did I do something wrong?

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 5:49 PM

No my friend they are called quitters don't worry about it as it happens all the time so i suggest that when you do complete a game add the other player as a friend. As your friends list grows you will find a good group to play with as random matches will result in lots of quitters. I know it sucks but don't post about them as it's been done to death, type quitters in the search box over there----------->.

Hope this helps CSC

• OilPays
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 6:07 PM

Thanks dude.

Kind of frustrating. I've spent about 3 hours playing here, and haven't gone a full 9 holes yet. That's for another day I guess. Gotta go catch that UFC.

Peace.

OP

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 6:12 PM

OilPays:
    Did I do something wrong?
    Hi OilPays and welcome to the site... 

Actually, you did do something wrong.. you expected a random multiplayer game to go the distance.  Some do, most don't.  People around here quit for many reasons, too many to list, but being that this is an internet game it's going to happen.

CSC is right when he says play with friends who won't quit.  There is something else you can do, you can look at joining up with like-minded individuals at the Ladder site or GolfSeekers.  These two groups are populated with people who don't allow quitting and you get to have a fun little competition while you're there.

Who knows, you might make a few hundred new friends in the process. 

Good luck to you and again, welcome to the site.

RSS