Help › Forums

Re: Reading the green

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 22 2010 6:39 AM (7 replies)
  • FT451
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 5:56 AM

Good evening,

I'm new player here and I'd like to know if there is a way to read the green slope using the "hole info" feature. So far I've been using my (limited) experience and the zooms...

Thanks!

• debbie325
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 11:28 AM

no

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 12:24 PM

hole info dont tell you much.....but you can have a peek at the green by using the chip shot then reverse while on the fairway.....just make sure you switch back!

or the putter....one or the other....as for reading them......*shrugs shoulders*

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 1:10 PM

The putting view works good too because in the reverse view you usually get an eye level view of the green with grids.

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 1:33 PM

Yes, I usually always, prolly 99% of the time putt from reverse view...  I make prolly about 10% of them, though, so...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 2:17 PM

I think the OP was thinking about his approach shot and being able to read the landing slope, RC.

On that putting in reverse-I did that for a long time on the advice of many but have recently begun to read the putt from the front view, aiming where I thought it should go and then switch to reverse to see where the aimer is. It helps you to learn how to aim in reverse. GL

• FT451
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 12:32 AM

Thank you very much for your answers. Yws, I was thinking about my approach shot, it's pretty frustrating to notice a slope only after your ball landed :(

I'm pretty poor with my putt so I need to have a great approach every single hole.

It would be nice to have this kind of feature implements, anyway.

• pardog06
    53 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 6:39 AM

ummm putting is 1 of my strong points but its more feel and understanding of how a ball moves on greens in real life!Uphill will alow you to power thru alot of break and downhill you must learn to let ball trickle down thru break..and as for speed,Try and picture ur meter in fourths.that will help you break a 60ft meter into 15,30,45 ect or picture it in thirds.just a smidge over 2 thirds on a 90foot meter will give those uphill 62 foot puts the extra boost they need :) I know it will take practice but its what works for me..Gl to all and hit em straght

Pardog06

RSS