Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ridculously slow and jerky today

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 31 2010 1:28 PM (7 replies)
  • RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 7:55 AM

Trying to play the USGA CTTH, and I can't even play...  and I know it's not my puter because the other night I played a ranked round and shot 3 under, and it was working fine...  this is really irritating. I know, beating a dead horse, get a better computer...  just sayin'.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 12:09 PM

There was an update last night.

Have you cleared your caches?  Apparently not.

"After EVERY update you HAVE to clear your caches."

That sentence is the one that appears most on the forums.  Now who is beating the dead horse?  ~I'm~ just sayin'....

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 12:19 PM

Copy an paste this link and you'll get a better meter Chapmen. www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx#2552:550:0]

• KnuckleWoods
    2,484 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 12:37 PM

Mine started that way today also but after I cleared my caches  smooooth sailing

• hatch62
    57 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 12:53 PM

I have cleaned cashe, cookies and crumbs.  Rebooted used ccleaner an everything i could find.  The meter still jumps, stops and jerks.  I'm not a great player so I really don't need any help messing a good game up.   The meter issue could and should be taken care of before anymore new awards are set up.  I know its a money issue.   The more ball you or I lose and the more we will buy,  but the game is getting very frustrating when u are -5 thru  6 or 7 holes and end up shooting even or -1 because of the meter.  I except the blame when i mess up and so should WGT.

Just had to vent my frustration.

Hatch62

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 1:11 PM

hatch, you mentioned everything except two things. Are you using Game Booster, and have you Defragged your computer lately? These two things alone will greatly improve a poor meter.

I've had Game Booster free-up as much as 500MB of RAM before.

GL

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 1:14 PM

Actually, Mr. Snake (sic), yes, I have cleared my caches, and have done everything else. Perhaps you should refrain from making assumptions before you know the facts.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 1:28 PM

My assumptions were made on the facts that you presented, Mr. Chapman.  As you did not present all the of the salient facts about your experience, I could only work with the information given.

As most of us, that is those of us who have cleared our caches since the update, are experiencing none of the problems you seem to have, the problem, logically, is on your end of the line.  If it were a problem with the update at WGT's end, then ALL of us would be experiencing your problem.

How's that for a 'fact'?

Have a nice day.

RSS