Forums

Help › Forums

Re: why does this game change tiers so fast

Mon, Jun 14 2010 7:24 AM (7 replies)
  • thiatt
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 8:37 AM

i have shot 1 9hole round under par and it was a 35 most of my other scores have been in the 40s on 9 holes and it has moved me up to the pro tier?

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 9:00 AM

Your average takes your ten best rounds out of you last fourteen. If you keep shooting low scores, your average will be lower, and thus you will rank up. Expect to be Master when you get down to [around] 66.5.

• thiatt
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 9:05 AM

right now i am at 84.66 and in the pro tier

• emaurer
    6 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 6:31 PM

In my opinion it moves you up way too fast.  I have only been on here for about a month and a half.  I waited to buy any gear until I turned pro as I figured it would take a long time to move up to master.  Then two weeks later I get moved up to Master after making one of the luckiest putts ever... now I totally suck!  I was just at the point of being able to compete in the pro tourneys when that happened.  Now I have no chance without buying a new driver at least.  They move you up so that you have to spend more money.  I still like the game, but it is definitely not as fun or exciting as when I had a chance at earing some credits.  I know that blowing a few rounds to raise your average is frowned upon, but I highly recommend it... at least until you can shoot around -10 before trying to become "master".  I sure wish I had.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 10:55 PM

I believe you change from Amateur to Pro sometime around 85-90 average.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 11:11 PM

thiatt:

right now i am at 84.66 and in the pro tier

What was your average when you advanced to the pro tier? Once you advance tiers you can't be demoted, so even if your average rises to a 90, you'll remain a pro.

• INTERSECT
    43 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 2:26 PM

I believe its mostly due to numbers of 9 hole rounds you play. You dont advance faster if you play mostly 18s. If I am correct, scoring 31 on a given course means scoring 62. It might be harder to score -10 than -5, if you're not consistent throughout the round haha.

• iavinilawoods
    26 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 7:24 AM

i agree this is no longer fun. and how is it that some people are winning tournements and not moving up. im now at master have never won a tournement.at any level and only 1 top ten. either people are sandbagging rounds or the system is totally screwed.  either way this is no fun without any hope of winning or even being competitive. so no more monies from me boys in fact a new profile and cheating seem to be in my future

RSS