Help › Forums

Re: Finally, my moment has arrived

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 27 2010 12:06 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
    1,644 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 6:45 AM

HoleItSucker:
    Just like anything else, a low score is the product of hours of hard work, a little bit of luck, and a lot of people's jealousy.

QFE man... QFE

And welcome to the club... 

• HoleItSucker
    53 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 6:46 AM

Yank,

Thanks for the kind words.  Me and my buddy sleezyd made a pact that I'd break 50 on BPB, the mother of all frustraters.  Sleez broke 50 on BPB, too.  Once he did it, I had hope; kind of like when Roger Bannister broke the 4:00 mile and pretty soon everyone was doing it.  I wanted to score a 29, but I realized if I pounded out some 30s I could weed out some 31s and grind my way to my goal.

So now that my scoring goal is out of the way, what is the next challenge?  Win a Ready-Go?  Lure AvLee into a match play and win? 

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 10:47 AM

Hate to be the party pooper, but noticed in your post you mentioned "dozens of restarts", so is your real average in the 50's, or just your average for the ones that you posted in which you birdied BPB #1 and continued the round?  I can say quite honestly my score is probably not 100% accurate either, but its pretty close.

• HoleItSucker
    53 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 11:04 AM

Well neil, gotta hand it to you.  I was kind of waiting for someone to call me out on that.  Down the stretch there weren't many rounds that did not include a birdie on the first hole.  But I can still play 30 without a birdie on the first hole, as the next three are easy to birdie, as well as 6 and 8. 

I take full responsibility, though.  You are right.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 11:58 AM

Still a good accomplisht, and kudos for doing it on black, instead of St Andrews.  Lets get you in some Ready Go's now.  30 on BPB will win you some bucks.

• HoleItSucker
    53 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 12:06 PM

Haha, well, I'll tell ya, I've tried my hand at BP Front 9 RGs.  And I haven't fared well.  The slow greens always throw me off, along with the gale force winds.  I need to step it up.  I hate losing credits (and dignity).  I usually lick my wounds on the KI Front 9 RGs.

• PAGES
RSS