Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clubs

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 24 2010 6:33 AM (4 replies)
  • BurketheDad
    12 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 5:49 AM

I finaly got enough credits to step up from the starter (plus?) clubs. I used the netflix free offer (very cool stuff btw) so I have about 1800 credits. Any suggestions on a decent set of clubs I can step up too till I'm a bit better at the game? Looking for good precision and not to fast on the meter.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 5:59 AM

The best advice I can give is wait until you are a Pro (this will happen faster than you think).

All the information you could ever want on clubs is HERE.

The slowest meter of the upgraded clubs  can be found on the Rapture clubs.

The best precision is on the G10/G15 clubs and the taylormade clubs sit in between.

Happy hitting

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 6:06 AM

A driver and a putter would be a good start.  The Ping Rapture V2 10.5 driver will carry you through the pro level and has the slowest meter. A putter with accuracy will also help knock the strokes off and like SC says, wait until you get to the pro level for anything else. You can compete with those irons until you get there at which time you'll have more choices.

For what it's worth the pro level is within your reach with what you already have. You'll have better choices for all the clubs when you get there so you might want to bang out a few more rounds to get there and then decide. Those charts SC linked to are invaluable. GL 

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 6:11 AM

Well man, the best advice that I can give you is to wait til you are promoted from Amateur to Pro. Becoming Pro will give you the best upgrades to get to Master and isn't to hard to achieve with your current setup.

When you become pro [which won't take too long], my first recommendation is to buy the 2010 Rapture V2 Pro 9.5° Driver for 1,185 credits.

Rapture's Stats

Average Distance: 255 Yards

Trajectory: Med/High

Precision: 2.5/5

Forgiveness: 4/5

Shot Shaping: .5/5

Spin: .5/5

Meter Speed: 1/5

Purchasing this will greatly increase how you hit the ball off of the tee, thus affecting how easy your approach shot will be. Obviously, the less distance you have to the hole, the easier the shot will be [most of the time].

After this you'll still have 615 credits left.

After this I recommend upgrading your Putter to the Redwood ZB Putter. This putter is abysmally better than your Starter Putter.

Redwood ZB Stats

Precision: 4/5

Forgiveness: 2/5

Balance: 3/5

Meter Speed: 1.5/5

With these two upgrades, you should be set for a good ride! However, there's lots of experimenting you may want to do in the Pro Shop to see what best fits YOUR BUDGET, but that is definitely what I recommend! Good luck and happy hitting!

• BurketheDad
    12 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 6:33 AM

Thanks all for the great suggestions. Think I will go with a better driver and putter and save the rest for Pro as you all suggested (except for theoccasional sleeve I'll have to buy the buddies that cream me on St. Andrews lol). Again thanks all for the replies! :)

RSS