rated by 0 users
Mon, May 3 2010 12:09 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 4:01 PM

Chazzz7:

I agree but why would you spend more money for less distance with the I15

Its only 3 yds compared to the TM.  You are gaining precision.

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 4:38 PM

SweetiePie:

Chazzz7:

In real life you pay for distance and forgivness.

Buying a golf game here or in real life is difficult. In real life, if one is looking for more distance, balls and clubs can never answer as well as an increase in club head speed. Gaining clubhead speed in real life can only be gained by the refinements provided in Hogan's 5 lessons, not by a purchase of some marketing scheme. The faster meter here represents what it should. Wanna go deep? Speed+timing.

And club head speed can also be increased by a lot of hard work in the gym. As a 63 year old my club head speed has increased greatly in the past 2 years by a very regimented workout routine that has added both strength and flexibility. But it hasn't added a lot of distance because all my clubs are A flex and with my added strength they just don't flex back as much as regular or even stiff shafts would. Here I go with my little speech, What my workout routine has given me most is the wonderful fellowship with my fellow Christian friends in our church rec center. Even If my workouts had done nothing else it has given me and my wife many hours of great times with our Christian brothers and sisters.

• longball2006
    60 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 4:52 PM

spend the money with a reputable teacher...equipment has hit the preverbial wall as far as more distance.  The only way to circumvent the distance rule is better shafts...they are working very hard at it also.

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 10:23 PM

An instructor, and former touring pro, told me a long time ago:  "You can't BUY good, that's why they invented driving ranges, and practice greens".  Still looking for that pro shop that sells balls that go straight.  :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 12:09 AM

Chazzz7:

I agree but why would you spend more money for less distance with the I15

I use the G10 & R9...I rented the I15. Truly, all three are quite terrific. The hard part is deciding which one to use. My guess is that when one reaches a particular stage of the game, they need to find out...just part of the fun. Answer,  I don't know.

• PAGES
RSS