Forums

Help › Forums

Re: meter issues

Tue, May 4 2010 6:36 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 10:55 AM

Thanks guys....u were right...I tried the google and there was a great difference on the smoothness and on the loading...I'll try firefox next and see how that works...Thanks again guys..it helps a lot.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 11:00 AM

Hi marc,

Here is a few more things you can do to have a better meter experience.

1.) Defrag your computer on a weekly basis.

2.) Stop useless background, and start up processes during game play.

3.) uninstall unused programs

4.) Download Game Booster from Cnetdownloads.com, a trusted download web site.

5.) Optimize your computer using Advanced System Care, a program that can be found in Game Booster. It's free, and it works.

Always keep your Adobe flash, and browser caches cleared before you play the game as well. Search WGTniv in WGT players (center top) to get detailed instructions on how to clear your caches. I would suggest bookmarking the Adobe web page for future use.

When clearing your Adobe cache, take out everything one at a time and leave the one that says, media5.wgt.com, this is the WGT web site and only needs to cleared after product, or maintenance updates. Otherwise you'll have to reset your game options everytime when cleared.

Play well.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 11:23 AM

Richard4168:
    Always keep your Adobe flash, and browser caches cleared before you play the game as well. Search WGTniv in WGT players (center top) to get detailed instructions on how to clear your caches.

Hi, Rich-How 'bout them Cards??!!

This is the link to WGTNiv's browser cache size article  http://wgt.com/forums/t/10102.aspx 

and this is to the Flash cache article   http://wgt.com/news/archive/2010/03/09/have-you-cleared-your-cache-lately.aspx.

His advice is not to clear the caches often as this leads to longer load times as the assets normally stored in the cache would have to be reloaded.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 11:55 AM

Hi Jim,

Well this is news indeed. I'm glad this new information got passed on. I missed that thread. Thanks for sharing Jim.

The Cards are playing good. Not as clean as I would like to see, but a win is a win. The Yanks steam rolled the WhiteSox yesterday too. It was ugly. I'm glad I live down state.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 6:36 AM

YankeeJim:
    His advice is not to clear the caches often as this leads to longer load times as the assets normally stored in the cache would have to be reloaded.

From my experience, I have to respectfully disagree. I took that advice yesterday and didn't clear my browser cache all day. When late evening came, my meter was spiking pretty bad. When I cleared the browser cache, it trimmed out 65% or better. I do have my cache size set to 300MB, but after surfing the web all day, I imagine it fills-up quickly.

This advice might work for some, but I can clearly see I need to keep my caches cleared to have a better than descent swing meter. And to add, I don't really experience next location loading, or lengthy game loading times like some do. All is good now.

• PAGES
RSS