Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Computer HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 28 2010 6:10 AM (9 replies)
  • ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 5:22 PM

Hey you all! I need help.. My computer's been unreasonably slow and I don't know why! Whenever I try Chrome, Firefox it freezes the entire browser where it's "Not Loading" How do I optimize my computer to make it run again smoothly? 
    Thanks TB 

• roytoy2323
    47 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 5:32 PM
    Have you tried downloading Game Booster? It helps me alot.
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 8:13 PM

Thunder,

Where to start........

Also, it could be a hardware issue, and not an optimization issue, but it shouldn't hurt to optimize anyway.

When is the last time you defragmented the hard drive, for starters, and do you have any regular maintenance routine that you do to this, or nothing at all?

• samelewis
    2 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 8:39 PM

Speaking from experience, maybe your graphics card is going bad, might not be the browsers.

Just my 0.02 worth.

• SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 11:12 PM
    Maybe spyware and/or adware and possible viruses. Also you should empty your temporary internet files. Those will slow down a computer real bad. Go to http://www.malwarebytes.org and download the program install and have it check your computer for adware and malware. Its free. Run a virus scan. Hopefully you use antivirus software. Empty those temp internet files. Defrag. That should speed things up.
  • PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:45 AM

May i suggest a nice pair of running shoes and a small stick of dynamite,,

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:55 AM

Niv / or any mod,

Look at the index for this thread in the 'Community Help' list, for some reason the op's alias isn't displaying properly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 12:17 PM

VHL,

If a player's username is over 10 characters, their unique 10-character user ID is shown instead of the username in the author column.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 12:19 PM

WGTadmin:

VHL,

If a player's username is over 10 characters, their unique 10-character user ID is shown instead of the username in the author column.

gotcha, thanks for the explanation

• KnuckleWoods
    2,484 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 6:10 AM

BOOM !!!!!!     Problem solved !!!!    Good idea      :  )

RSS