Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I don't want a 3 Iron

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 25 2010 11:18 AM (4 replies)
  • CalebWoods
    10 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 8:16 PM

I haven't hit my 3 iron in like 5 rounds. I'm using the rapture pro irons and it doesn't get up in the air high enough to carry. It carries about the same as the 4 and when it hits the green, it acts like it just landed on concrete. I'm not complaining about the 3, in real life if you don't have a high swing speed, a 3 is worthless unless you're punching out from under a tree. Heck, many pros (especially on the Champion's Tour) don't carry a 3I anymore either.

I want to be able to drop my 3I and pick up an extra wedge. I carry three wedges in real life, and, depending on the course and weather, a 3I and a 4W, or a 3W and a 3H. Not only would the game be more realistic, but the fine folks at WGT would sell more clubs (God knows I love buying new clubs).

Any comments?

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 2:41 AM

I said in another thread that it would be really good to be able to select each club singly.  What most of us do at the moment is get rid of the hybrid and carry 3 wedges

Mick

• sailndog
    4 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 5:18 AM

I totally agree. I want 3 wedges and my hybrid wood but instead I am lugging around an unused 3 iron. Fix it guys - please.

Sailndog

• CalebWoods
    10 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 5:50 AM

Yeah I dropped the 3W and carry 3 wedges. I like the hybrid because the 3I is no good and I use it alot at BPP. Still, it would be nice to have more options.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 11:18 AM

Hi guys,

This feature is on our Player Suggestion List and is a popular feature request.  At current the iron sets are treated as a single group of clubs rather than 8 individual clubs so in order to accomplish this we'll need to completely change the way clubs are handled in your inventory.  We plan on coming back around to these requested features once the more major elements are in place.

RSS