Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cancelling account

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:27 PM (4 replies)
  • HAWK64
    14 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 4:33 PM

Has anyone ever tried to cancel an account with WGT?

If so, can you get back unused credits (money) and have them credit back your credit card?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 4:58 PM

Hi Hawk,

Players can request that an account be closed by sending an email to members@worldgolftour.com, however, no refunds will be issued for unused credits.

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 5:41 PM

That's weird because anytime I have closed an account or canceled services with other businesses,  I got my money back.  Phone, TV, internet services, savings and checking accounts to name a few. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:01 PM

No it's not weird.  How about when you got tired of playing Madden08, etc... when you got tired of playing that, did the store give you your money back?

WGT does not provide a service... they provide a game.

Once you spend the money, it's theirs to do with as they please.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:27 PM

Snaike:

No it's not weird.  How about when you got tired of playing Madden08, etc... when you got tired of playing that, did the store give you your money back?

WGT does not provide a service... they provide a game.

Once you spend the money, it's theirs to do with as they please.

This isn't Madden08 etc. That's not exactly a logical or rational comparison. Madden08 is/was a console game. This is not. This is a strictly interactive online game which yields residual income. Much like banks. WGT is a relatively young establishment and, to my knowledge, hasn't had their fine print tested in a court of law to any great extreme. I'm sure that in some instances WGT will work with people to either satisfy their grievance or part ways on a collaborative basis.

Look Snaike.. I think we've all read plenty of your posts and realize that you're quite obsequious. That's not an insult it's merely just the truth. The perception that you're creating of WGT here is not GOOD business and could very well dissuade people from investing in this game. If people are dissatisfied with a product they have EVERY right to challenge it and allow jurisprudence to take its course.

You're mistaken my friend. Nothing is set in stone.

I like WGT. I have no problem with investing in this game as I have. I enjoy it. Others may not. My ultimate point is that WGT nor any online venture is above LAWS or the grievances of members such as you proclaim. Whether or not they choose to challenge it is up to them.

RSS