Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Fringe putting changes

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 12 2009 5:22 PM (4 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Mar 8 2009 11:31 AM

Under the old system, when putting from the fringe, a player had to add quite a few additional feet to the estimation of the putt to get it to go to the hole.  The system compensated this by giving the player the next putter distance up(i.e. a 20 ft putt from the fringe gave you a 60ft putter to use).

Now, the fringe putting has been changed to barely affect the distance traveled, yet the system is still reverting to giving you the next distance putter up.  Not sure if this is intentional or just overlooked in the update process, but I thought I'd bring it up since it appears such a change in  putters is unnecessary and/or unwanted.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2009 6:08 AM

I noticed the same, before I used to add 50% of the distance to any putt from the fringe, but now it seems to be considerably less, but a few times I've been stuck with a 60 ft putter for a shot well under 30 ft.  This brings back the suggestion of being able to select the scale of the putter to override the system default selection.

Lee

• TeamAmerica
    5 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2009 10:39 AM

Agreed.  And I've had the opposite problem as well-- i.e., not enough putter-- when faced with a 26 ft., 5 inch uphill type putts.  You can hit it full strength and still not get to the hole.  Maybe this has been covered previously, but it also argues for being able to select the putter distance scale.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2009 3:58 AM

it really helped me to do some fringe putts... when i shot the 30 with the big deviation in line, i actualyl birdied 9 fron the fringe,,,, i added about 3 ft normal and 2 ft for longer... i had about 16 ft with 2 down and i hit as 18 or so...

it went

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2009 5:22 PM

We are looking into this along with the rest of our putting interface.  Hopefully it is a little bit better since our release on Monday night.

RSS