Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Virtual Majors

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 18 2010 7:12 PM (4 replies)
  • rolltide32
    7 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 11:30 AM

Well, since we now have Virtual representations of the US Open and the Open Championship, why dont we have a Virtual WGT Championship as a third annual Major.  We could hav eit in place of the PGA Championship and could have it in August.  If we had it this year WGT could use Kiawah (site of a future PGA Championship of course) as this years championship course.  Any thoughts?

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 2:32 PM

Yeah definitely I think that would be an awesome idea! 

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 2:34 PM
    Have your people call mine...I'll bring it up at the next board meeting. :)
  • borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 3:54 PM

rolltide32:

Well, since we now have Virtual representations of the US Open and the Open Championship, why dont we have a Virtual WGT Championship as a third annual Major.  We could hav eit in place of the PGA Championship and could have it in August.  If we had it this year WGT could use Kiawah (site of a future PGA Championship of course) as this years championship course.  Any thoughts?

Better yet, WGT needs to reach an accord with the PGA of America and have a virtual PGA championship. Who knows they may be working on it as we speak. Just last weekend before they announced the deal with R&A someone posted having a virtual British Open and I posted that the R&A might have objections to that. Within 3 days of that post WGT announced the Deal with the R&A.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 7:12 PM

Hi All,

Yeh great ideas.

I thought we could have an "Official" WGT Golf Tour. An ongoing tournament throughout the year - as opposed to the community based tournaments that are running (which have been great bye the way). This would be an "Official WGT Golf"  product. The usual sign up criteria etc etc

Not talking every week here, but certainly one round per month max,  would I guess be acceptable. Total 12 stroke play rounds for the year (yeh I know, I'm great at maths) and the with the prize breakdown similar to what we have now for tournaments. Be a bit of organising I guess - but not that bad ??

Would include which ever "Opens" we have + range of other monthly 18 hole tournaments - and it wouldn't  just be Jan Monthly Open, you'd give all the tournament rounds an appropriate title that make up the tour eg US Open, British Open, and 10 others.

I think that would be great.

Just my thoughts

Cheers Doug

RSS