Forums

Help › Forums

Re: NEW TOURNAMENTS!

Sat, Jul 3 2010 7:06 AM (26 replies)
  • ccrume
    138 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 5:27 PM

cappy123:

and how come there is no info on how your rounds get scored i have shot perfect fairways and greens and seen a .1 or no change but if i do 88 to 50 % they go down .2 / .5 i can shoot -4 go upin average maybe .1 to .6 but if i shoot par to -3 either no change or a big hit to my average .5 to 1.2

From the FAQ:

What is my Average Score?

Your Average Score is the weighted average of your ten best out of your last fourteen stroke play scores (Practice rounds are not included). Your most recent scores are weighted more heavily to ensure there is no "sandbagging".

You can shoot lower than your average and have your average go up, if the score you just posted is replacing an even lower score in the average.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 12:03 PM

cappy123:
    bull snaike, it is the server and the fact that when using the swing meter i see it jump when friends come or go offline this game has a system installed to not let 2 rounds in a row play well have you ever shot to great rounds right after eachother NOT ME its unbelievable how quick the game changes one round after the last a matter of minutes

And you are fully right to hold that opinion.  What's right and correct for you won't be the same for your neighbor, etc.

I would ask one thing...  Consider this...  Let's go bowling, shall we?  You and me.. on the lanes, having a few brewski's, shootin' the poo so to speak.  Change up the shoes, grab a couple of bowling balls and toss them down the lane.

Both balls jump and hop all the way down the lane.... wow, we got a bad set of bowling balls, lets try some others... but again, it's the same thing... bounce bounce bounce...  Wow, that really sucks, the lane must be bad... let's try some other bowling balls.... bounce bounce bounce.

Screw it, we're outta here.  These lanes are crap.  We can agree and head out to go fishin' or golfin' or just hangin' at the bar for the day.

Same scenario... Your ball bounces and mine doesn't.  Wow.  You get another ball but this time it doesn't bounce, just like mine.. cool! Let's bowl, your first ball was bad.

Same scenario... but this time, all of your balls bounce, mine doesn't.  You get another ball, and it bounces, too.. .mine still doesn't.  You get a third ball and it bounces, too...

Guess what, it's not the lane, and it's not the ball... it's you.  You're lofting on your release.

Ok ok, I know I know.. a long way around to set that up... but you have to look at the facts.  If the problem with WGT is, as you claim, with the server, then EVERYONE who uses that server will experience the same problem, no?  The server can't determine who's who, etc..  The reason the server can't be the problem is that not everyone is experiencing this issue.

I am sorry that you think it is.  Perhaps if you bent more at the waist and released the ball a bit sooner, you wouldn't leave divots on the hardwood.  =)

Peace.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 12:33 PM

Snaike:
    .....but you have to look at the facts.If the problem with WGT is, as you claim, with the server, then EVERYONE who uses that server will experience the same problem, no?.....The reason the server can't be the problem is that not everyone is experiencing this issue.

Pretty much everyone that uses the psj servers has problems.

To quote a respected source:

It has been documented in the forums in the past that the psj line of servers cause more havoc than the wgt line.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 12:48 PM

andyson:
    Pretty much everyone that uses the psj servers has problems.

Ah... that I didn't know.

I must be very lucky...  using IE as my browser, usually with music playing, and rarely have any meter issues...  perhaps one or two a round, but nothing major.  Maybe I get the best server because I'm so close to the source?

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 2:02 PM
    I use IE as Browser too and don't get too many meter spikes either. Normally just 1 and as it's a drive I don't care too much especially at st.andrews.
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 2:23 PM

imcoola:
    I use IE as Browser too and don't get too many meter spikes either. Normally just 1 and as it's a drive I don't care too much especially at st.andrews.
    I guess my proximity to the source is an incorrect assumption... Imcoola writes from Germany.

So it's down to luck, I guess.  I must get the best server everytime.

• UniBooboo
    42 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 7:06 AM

You know what the difference between a good hitter in baseball and a great one?  It's not his ability to swing the bat its his ability to refrain from swinging. Now the great players on WGT either all have super computers and/or access to super secret non-glitching versions of the site........... or they just taught themselves not to swing when a glitch happens. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Warning the following is Sarcasm :

--------------------------------------------------------------

Aw, games would be fun if you didn't have to practice to get better!

It's not fair that he cleans out his cache so he has fewer glitches, If everyone doesn't clean there cache out no one should be able to.

Wasn't it Tiger Woods who said that Pebble Beach was unfair because of all the random gusts of wind?

--------------------------------------------------------------

All WGT players  depicted in this sarcasm are fictional and have no real world counterpart intended or unintended........except for maybe Tiger Woods Online players

8^0  

Sorry, I'm trying to see if I can provoke a shooting war between fans of the two sites. What can I say its a character flaw!

RSS