Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Shot tally bug

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 11 2010 2:58 PM (7 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 12:17 AM

On St A's this evening, I hit OB from the tee box on #9 (darn meter speed, I KNEW I should have practiced more with the new master driver......)

I teed off again, and it showed me on the 2nd shot in the player pane.

Went just off the back of the green with my 2nd tee shot (3rd shot) and when it set me up for my next shot, showed me on my 3rd shot, not 4th.

Chipped to within 6 feet or so, and when my putt came, it showed me on the 4th shot (should have been 5th) and said 'for par' (should have been 'for bogey'). I sunk it, and it then popped up 'bogey' and did mark the correct score on the card, but the player pane seemed to have forgotten the extra stroke the entire time the hole was still active.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 12:27 AM

Interesting.  I'll check into this and see what I can find.  In which general direction did you go out of bounds and were you able to submit a bug report when you first noticed the shot counter was off?

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 1:51 AM

Left of the hole Niv (Facing the flag from the tee), it didn't say OB now that I think of it, it just said lost ball, but I assumed it was OB when it put me back on the tee.

Didn't report the bug, sorry - I should have. caught me off guard, and I didn't think of it quick enough.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 2:01 AM

I hit one in the right side lateral hazard at saint andies..it dropped me along side it...correct..but didn't record the penalty..hit it close, made my put..game said birdie  but the total of 4 registered in the scorecard

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 10:27 AM

Do you remember if it was #9 also?

Sounds like the exact same behavior, I'm sure Niv would like to know if it hole specific, course specific or platform specific!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 11:01 AM

Whoops...it was the first hole for me

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 12:49 PM

Ok guys, thanks for the reports.  I was able to somewhat confirm this after a few tries.  Hitting around/into the gorse bush that's 260 yards down the left side is the cause of the problem on #9 (thanks for remembering you didn't hit it OB, that helped a lot).

*edit* I also ran into the issue on #1, however I'm not seeing a discrepancy in the player pane in either case (top right where your score is).  The pane stays with the correct count and when I hole the putt to finish the message comes up PAR when I get a 5 or BOGEY when I get a 6.  The important thing is that the shots are being counted/assessed properly so this shouldn't cause any major trouble, just some incorrect messages.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 2:58 PM

Thanks again for the feedback Niv,

Glad to help, just promise to remember me next Christmas, lol. If you need help wrapping those Elite tier Satin wedges, let me know - I promise to close my eyes so as not to ruin the surprise!

RSS