Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Kiahwah #3 -- current CTTH Challenge

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 6 2010 7:16 AM (3 replies)
  • Turbot1
    2 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 2:34 AM

does anybody have a clue how to stop the ball on the green on this hole if there is a following wind.??

i've tried all sorts but ether end up on the front rough or going through the green into the fringe...

Pure pot luck...

AJ

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 4:53 PM

As we all know, that is one of the hardest CTTH Challenges.  Hard enough to make par there in stroke play, much less getting it close from that rough and fighting the wind.  To be honest, my chicken shot is taking a little more club and aim for the alley left of the bunker and rolling it up on the green.  Not even thinking close to the pin here, just anywhere on the dance floor.  If it is not terrible, I try making it up with the remaining holes.   But thank goodness its only the 3rd challenge and there is a RESTART button (wink).    

Joey

• Turbot1
    2 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 10:30 PM

thanks... thats the shot and usual approach i play too... just seems that there must be an option i haven't figured out yet....!!

wondering whether better clubs with higher approach and spin balls.... where's my credit card.!!!!!

AJ

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 7:16 AM

Hi Turbot,

That's a tricky shot to say the least, but members have rolled the ball within 2' of the pin on that shot. 

Getting the distance and wind direction right is tough for anyone. Hit the ball with a little forward spin and land the ball just short of the green, rolling the ball up just to the left of the bunker compensating for wind direction, and with the right ground speed, and a bit of luck you can roll the ball close to the pin.

Remember, that in-particular shot hits from the ruff. You'll need to hit with a little more authority.

Play well.

RSS