• micklen
    221 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 7:18 AM

Hi all

Anyone had this problem or got any advice

This is how WTG appears in my IE8

As you can see all my stuff down the left is missing 

Both Safari and Avant are fine so it is an IE problem

As regards to the others I tend to get more stuttering of the flash and meter in Safari and Avant has an annoying floating toolbar that appears by your mouse icon

If anyone knows how to get rid of this floating toolbar I will use Avant as it seems pretty solid but I can't find any reference to this toolbar to be able to remove it

Thanks in advance

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 7:23 AM

Start by clearing your Flash cache.  Go to the link, click "Delete all sites", clear your browser cache,  log out and back in.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

This is the basic 1st move but there may be more to your problem. This thread deals with it  http://wgt.com/forums/t/10224.aspx?PageIndex=3

GL

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 7:32 AM

YankeeJim:
    Start by clearing your Flash cache.  Go to the link, click "Delete all sites", clear your browser cache,  log out and back in.

Just to make this clearer, those are two completely separate processes. If there are issues, folks need to clear both their Flash cache and their browser cache. Some people only clear 1 of these 2 caches, and then they complain that they're still seeing issues.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 8:00 AM

Well I have had a damn good look around and done all the necessary and IMO I just think IE8 don't like Flash any more

I couldn't even get it to open the Flash page correctly

All it was doing was telling me that it can't work correctly in a 64 bit envoirenment and you had to run a 32 bit browser

Used Safari and Avant and the page opened perfectly with the download link

Well I never was much a fan of IE so I think I will say goodbye to it again, it's just too much trouble when other browsers work really well

If anyone knows how to remove the floating toolbar in Avant I would be pleased however

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 8:12 AM

Mick-I'm running a 64 bit system too and both Chrome and Firefox rock. Zero problems and they're both free. I'd give Chrome a try if you can.

IE is the biggest target for the nefarious types because a zillion people have it. Not everybody can mess around with the browser but if you can I'd really recommend you change.

You might want to check your version of Flash too. Right click on the Play Game tab and go to the About tab-this will show you your version.

You have version 10,0,45,2 installed  is what I have.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 9:04 AM

YankeeJim:
    Mick-I'm running a 64 bit system too and both Chrome and Firefox rock. Zero problems and they're both free. I'd give Chrome a try if you can

At some point in the very near future I have got to do a reinstall of Windoze 7

I thought when I purchased 7 things may work properly but I have been smitten with the 'Windoze 7 Build 7600 This copy of Windoze is not genuine' and a black wallpaper.  Apparently a more common problem than M$ would like you to know and after having tried all their 'fixes' it is still there so the only way now is a total reinstall :-(((

When I can build up the courage to do that I will probably set up Chrome for WTG as I have tried it and quite liked it.  I do like the way Avant works for browsing though so I may have that as well

Wish me luck ;-)

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 9:56 AM

IE8 is the poorest browser to use here imo. I tested several browsers this past weekend. I ran IE8 firefox safari opera and chrome. Normally I use chrome and as far as I'm concerned it is the best. I got the poorest performance from IE8 followed by safari opera then firefox.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 2:20 AM

borntobesting:
    IE8 is the poorest browser to use here imo. I tested several browsers this past weekend. I ran IE8 firefox safari opera and chrome. Normally I use chrome and as far as I'm concerned it is the best. I got the poorest performance from IE8 followed by safari opera then firefox.

Thanks for your findings.  Never used Opera so not a clue on that one but I couldn't get on with the original Chrome but I d/led it last night and was very impressed and as you and Jim say it seems to run very smooth

I guess this is because there is nothing on display and what you have on screen is the bare bones.  2 minutes with the help files and I found everything I shall need, so very impressed

Thanks all

Mick

RSS