Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What is this? GIR

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:15 PM (4 replies)
  • PhxMark123
    2 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 2:36 PM

What is the GIR? I see it changing how does that work?

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:45 PM

GIR stands for Green In Regulation. This is landing on the green in regulation play. This is done by hitting the green, on a par 3 on the first shot, on a par 4 on the second shot, and a par 5 on the third shot.  

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:04 PM

drivnchaos:

GIR stands for Green In Regulation. This is landing on the green in regulation play. This is done by hitting the green, on a par 3 on the first shot, on a par 4 on the second shot, and a par 5 on the third shot.  

Here are 2 crazy questions about GIR.

1 - If I drive the green on St Andrews #9, or on the 2nd shot on #5, how does that affect my GIR number?

• PhxMark123
    2 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:15 PM

I thought is was something like Golfers International Ranking or something..lol. I also am waiting to see how it works. So my number only changes when I hit the green? That works also for the closest to the pin game? I guess it depends on the hole.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 8:15 PM

AlaCowboy:
    1 - If I drive the green on St Andrews #9, or on the 2nd shot on #5, how does that affect my GIR number?

If you achieve the green earlier than regulation, you are given that green in regulation....  (i.e. in 2 on a par 5, or driving the green on a par 4)

There is no bonus, or penalty, for getting there early.

What was the 2nd question?

RSS