Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Game won't work on laptop, but does on desktop...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 28 2010 7:31 AM (4 replies)
  • mess514
    3 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:10 AM

Any ideas?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:39 PM

Hi mess,

Unfortunately we'll need some more details in order to be able to help you as it could be any number of things that could cause it not to work.  When you say, "won't work", can you better describe for me what's happening?   Is the website loading on your laptop? Can you click Play Now?  What happens after you click Play Now?

The more details you can provide the faster we can get you fixed up.

Thanks =)

• mess514
    3 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 4:12 PM

This site loads..... I hit "play now" and it just clicks.  Nothing else happens.  I can click it over and over again and nothing happens.  I go to my desktop and everything is fine.  It used to work on my laptop.  One day it stopped.  I can search the site for everything else, I am posting this post on the laptop, I can buy clubs and credits on the laptop, just can't play the game.

Thanks

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 4:46 PM

If you are clicking PLAY NOW and the 2nd window isn't appearing that sounds like an issue with your pop-up blocker settings.

Read over this thread and follow the instructions to add an exception to your pop-up blocker for WGT.  Instructions are posted for each browser, but I do not recommend turning your pop-up blocker completely off in Firefox or Internet Explorer.  Skip over Step 3 for those browsers and go straight to Step 4 (adding an exception).  Adding exceptions are the safest way to accomplish this.

Once you have an exception made for wgt.com you should be able to play on your laptop.  Let us know if this didn't help.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 7:31 AM

mess514, I've played this game on 5 various laptops so far, never on a desktop PC (that's becoming something of an oddity nowadays, isn't it!), and the game works flawlessly on laptops.

You don't even need to do anything with pop-up blockers. You can launch the game on your laptop directly by clicking here:

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx

Just bookmark this address in your browser, and you can launch the game every time this way. I always do so, and I never launch the pop-up window anymore, because: 1) pop-up windows are a hassle in any case; 2) switching to full-screen and back does not work reliably for WGT's pop-up window, but it does work every time if you launch the game by clicking the above link, or by opening it from a browser bookmark.

RSS