Forums

Help › Forums

Re: No March Product Update So Far!

Sat, Apr 3 2010 6:42 AM (27 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 10:41 AM

WGTniv did not say there would be no update in March. That's all I'm asking about. There are still 3 days in March left. I'd feel like a complete donkey if I bought a Master driver tonight, only to see an improved Master driver released 2 days later. Same goes for all the other clubs or club sets.

Something similar happened to me a year ago. I had bought the R9 driver, the only long-distance driver available at that time. And 2 weeks later, an improved R9 driver was released! The sell-back feature didn't exist back then, so I had paid $9 for a driver I got to use for all of 2 weeks.

That's the kind of mistake I want to avoid this time.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 10:47 AM

Faterson:

I'd feel like a complete donkey 

:-x     :-x    :-x

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 10:56 AM

Sorry, but past WGT performance of regular product releases has built the expectation.  No amount of shouting can change that..

I too have held off spending money in anticipation of new clubs.

Keeping your customers guessing is a hell of a way to run a business IMO.

The vagueness of when new courses, fixes to problems, clubs and features will be available is getting tiresome.

As are some people and their sarcasm.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 11:34 AM

andyson:
    Sorry, but past WGT performance of regular product releases has built the expectation

Then you have no one else to blame but yourself.

As any good investor knows;  "Past performance is not indicative of future results."

But, like the tooth fairy and santa claus, we can hope and wish and wait as long as we want.

I'm more of a realist.  When I see it, I'll believe it.

Have a nice day.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2010 7:41 PM

Snaike:
    I'm more of a realist.  When I see it, I'll believe it.

More like the guy who looks around for the coffin when he smells flowers.

You have a nice day too.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 9:50 AM

andyson:
    More like the guy who looks around for the coffin when he smells flowers.

When they're delivered by Gomez and Morticia Addams, you're right.

I certainly wouldn't expect their daughter Wednesday to be bringing the Easter Baskets simply because the calendar changed.

But, hey, whatever floats your boat.           

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 1:00 PM

maybe there'll be a Product Update as an Easter Present;)

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 6:42 AM

That's what we were saying about St. Andrews as a Christmas present, and we got nothing. The Easter present turned out to be database maintenance.

(You know, I wouldn't really mind if there were no April and May product updates either, if WGT at least let us know whether we can expect an update this month or not. Because we have no information on this whatsoever, I still don't dare to enter the ProShop.)

RSS