Forums

Help › Forums

game disconnects

Mon, Mar 29 2010 1:53 PM (35 replies)
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2010 6:36 AM

This thread reminds me of an incident I had a few years ago.

I upgraded this lady to a new computer, and she calls me to complain how her batch file processes no longer work, "DUE TO THE UPGRADE!!".

She was adamant that it was something I did, despite me saying what I did had nothing to do with her batch file processing.   After listening to her *** and complain to my manager, I decided to check out exactly what was in her batch files.

Sure enough, she had a typo in the file, a typo she made.   She quickly backed down, but I took full advantage of her stupidity to ridicule her in front of her peers and co-workers.

The moral of this story is to not be too quick to blame others, for a problem that could very well be on your end.   I'm not saying that this site doesn't have any issues.   What I am saying is that there are thousands of people who play here every day who have little to no issues (besides the sporadic swing meter hiccup).

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2010 6:39 AM

THE WGT OWNERS PROBABLY ARE IN THE BAHAMAS WITH ALL THE MONEY THEY HAVE MADE AND DONT CARE. 

Why should they??  They are retired 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2010 1:35 PM

TurkishTerror:
    IM DONE WITH THIS SITE!!!  

Then why are you still posting, TT?  You're done, right? 

Amazing how this site works for almost everybody but you...  must be a conspiracy to get your $100.  Yea... that's it.. The owners can party hard on your $100 in the Bahamas.

The way I see it, you have two options:

1. Try to work with the system to get the game to work for you, with all of the suggestions, hints, and walkthroughs posted throughout this site and others.. pointing out bugs when you find them, and helping the devs make it better,  or,
    2. you can "BE DONE WITH THIS SITE!!!" and just GTFO.

Your choice.

There are lots of people here that are willing to try to help you.. some even carry the WGT tag. 

Yelling and screaming will only get you ridiculed at best....

Have a nice day.

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2010 5:16 PM

LOL @ Turkish Terror.  You are at least consistent with your  yelling and screaming.  I just checked out your re-play list.........   Pretty funny stuff.

• Usdaprime
    1 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:22 PM
    I feel quite bad for the people who actually spent real money on this crap! They should get a full refund and a profuse apology. I have been gaming online for many years and this is the WORST multi play fiasco I have ever encountered. I’m going to quit playing for a couple weeks and see if they get their act together. WGA I give this a resounding two thumbs down. You should be embarrassed to advertize this as being a playable game.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:46 PM

Usdaprime, you're fussing & fuming, but your experience is far from universal. It may be related to your computer rather than the game. I frequently play multi-players on this site, without experiencing the issues you describe.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 5:34 PM

Usdaprime ... just curious ... how "frequently" can you be having issues ???   In fact how would you even know if you had issues.   You've only played 11 games in 4 days.  Make sure your computer is up to spec and see what happens.    I play multi player games every day with no issues.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:15 PM

Usdaprime:
    I have been gaming online for many years and this is the WORST multi play fiasco I have ever encountered

Usdaprime:
    I’m going to quit playing for a couple weeks and see if they get their act together.

Oh, please don't hurry back.  Yes, this game has a few growing issues, but you've not been here nearly long enough to open a sleeve of balls... so you're opinion really counts very very little.

Here's an idea.  Go play "Hello Kitty" golf.  I hear their learning curve is a bit lighter than this one.

Have a nice life.

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 5:58 AM

Im going to transfer you my remaining credits Snaike so you can then go to the Pro Shop AND PURCHASE A LIFE!!!!

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 6:32 AM

Something is NOTICABLY WRONG with this game functionality since about mid-March.  LOADING Failures are so chronic, I am half a step from simply hanging it up and not visiting WGT any longer.  I'm simply tired of fighting with the technology in order to be able to play and I no longer enjoy it.

I took 4 months off LAST YEAR for similar reasons - and at that time, WGT was new and I said very little, figuring it was a new site and they were Beta Testing and ironing out bugs.

It is now a YEAR LATER - and the User Experience with the technical problems has never noticably improved, in spite of being told this hundreds (thousands?) of times by the users, it falls on deaf ears.

Glib nothing replies such as "we are looking into it" no longer fly.  FIX IT.

I have repeatedly said I WANT to play WGT and I WANT WGT to succeed - but in light of how long this stuff has dragged on, I am simply concluding that I (and my wallet) will gain more enjoyment visiting sites and games that work right.

- AtlantaCoaster

RSS